Coronavirus Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough to say. I've got a neck that was supposed be here that according to the "tracking" is out for delivery. Has been for a couple days. Thing's gotta have seen more of my neighborhood than I have.

Cagey said:
Tough to say. I've got a neck that was supposed be here that according to the "tracking" is out for delivery. Has been for a couple days. Thing's gotta have seen more of my neighborhood than I have.

I have found that some of the services update their tracking system regularly, at least once a month, whether it needs it or not.  :icon_thumright:

Hehe! Yeah, I know the postal service is sorta that way, but UPS has usually been pretty reliable. Of course, I don't know what kind of hoops the company/governor/law (or who/whatever) is making them jump through. Some folks are beyond paranoid lately.

yeah dawgs, FederalEx has been real dragging, too. they've been way behind whatev they initially say in the tracking in terms of delivery dates. i ordered a new pair of gravity shoes (they allow me to harness the power of gravity for bipedal locomotion) and they was supposed to be here like, several earth revolutions ago (days). but all things considered, i could be dead right now and i'm not, so my shoes are understandably low priority.

a delivery driver once asked me what time it was. i told him it was between 2pm and 6pm

Well I did finally order a bass body from Warmoth this past weekend but I don’t expect to have it before at least the end of August if I’m lucky...

:icon_scratch:

I call her Corona.  My new wheels to ride to work; bought with my corona virus check.  I'm told my office will reopen on June 3.  Of course, I foresee a total sh't show ... but new wheels, Hot Dog!

Attachments

• 20200521_082604 (640x480).jpg
    20200521_082604 (640x480).jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 200
How Hong Kong beat coronavirus and avoided lockdown | CNBC Reports

[youtube]7cgpMBRPj8o[/youtube]

How's everyone handling things these days?

I know AZ was regarded as a hot spot, but to be honest, things have been pretty darn normal. I don't know anyone that has gotten sick, and I don't know anyone that knows anyone that has gotten sick. Restaurants and movie theaters are open, schools are about to open, everyone I know is working etc.

Are things calming down in your area?

That sucks.  Here, everything seems ok, but school is about to start.  Little worried about that event...

Where I live things are settling into a new normal.  Unemployment is about 10%.  Anything travel, leisure, entertainment is still moribund.  The schools are a fiasco given that one fifth of their funding comes from the state, and depends on butts in the classroom ... no butts, no aid.  Overall though, getting back on our feet.  I do feel sorry for this generation of kids, especially those starting their lives, they've been put back years.  Homes will be deferred, getting married, starting to save for retirement, career advancement ...

In terms of health, we've got the virus licked. Everyone wears their masks if they are going to be within 6 feet of another human.  We now have rules for dealing with old folks; but to get someone into a nursing home is impossible.  Lots of people working from home, offices are at 1/3 capacity and may be for a long time.  Commercial real estate is big, so it's getting hit. 

Residential real estate is doing great as people are fleeing the big city to the south of me, where the unemployment rate is stubbornly above 20%.  God save them, they live in a zoo.

In the neighborhood, we've had a couple of garden parties and people pull out their guitars and play, so that's been fun. 

It's strange though, I don't perceive time moving as fast as it used to, it's like ground hog day, but eventually fall will be here.

Just wanted to post that a Strat Gibson conversion neck unfinished quarter sawn Mahogany with an Indian Rosewood (dark) fret board and 6100 stainless steel frets that I ordered on the last day of July was shipped to me today. (according to Warmoth website and UPS email notice) I expected because of the covid backlog not to see the neck until October. Maybe because it didn't have a finish it shipped faster but it seems to me they have caught up on the back log, on necks at least, and they are back to regular delivery times.

Glad to say that the first batches of the vaccine will arrive here next week.  Earmarked for high priority folks, but still a trickle is better than a dry river-bed  :headbang: 

We intend to hang in there over Christmas and into the new year until most folks have had it. Good luck everyone!

First, I'd like to express my condolences for any who have lost family or friends to Covid.  I have my opinions on this whole pandemic, but I don't tend to get into that sort of thing on internet forums.

That being said.. I've had it, so I feel somewhat qualified to speak on it.  In my case the symptoms started the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, mainly just felt like a really mild head cold.  Sinus pressure, cruddy nose, etc. but nothing I would have even given a second thought to really.  Then the Sunday after Thanksgiving, I lost taste/smell so tested on the following Monday with a positive result.  My wife tested the same day, came back negative so they tested her again on Friday of that week and she came back negative again.  There is some talk that people with Type O blood are more resistant, and she is Type O so there may be some truth to that.  Who knows, I'm not a scientist or medical professional.

Anyway, I'm pretty much over it at this point with just a lingering cough.  I consider myself lucky that my experience with it was mild.  There have been others that we know, or work with who's experiences ranged from similar to mine, all the way up to hospitalization.. So, it's easy to see the polarizing effect it can have on people depending on their own personal experiences or the effects it has had on their friends and/or loved ones.  After speaking with several people both at my personal doctor's office and the state's Health Department (they get very involved here if you test positive) the main consensus of everyone that I talked to is this..  There really isn't a rhyme or reason to this virus, and it can effect people in very different ways.

So, my take away on this whole Covid thing is this..  Whether you believe it's as dangerous as it's been made out to be, or you think this is the biggest fakedemic ever perpetuated on the human race..  You're right.  :eek:ccasion14:       

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back