Tale of Two Teles Unboxing

Cactus Jack

I will add pics later today, but I want this post to stand on its own.

As we all know, Warmoth is officially shut down due to Corona Virus. The team is at home, and production is on hold until the Stay at Home order is lifted. Just before the pandemic struck I had ordered two Tele bodies. With everything going on I assumed I wouldn't see them until June...maybe July.

To my surprise, I received a shipping notification. I traded emails with Warmoth and found out that, yes, my orders had shipped. Turns out the Warmoth owners, and only the owners, go to the shop and do their best to process orders. Based on my order this entailed custom routes, packing, shipping, updating inventory, and I'm sure a hundred steps we're not even aware of. Obviously I got lucky. There are 1-2 folks jumping in and balancing health and safety, which is everyone's first priority, but wow, talk about dedication to customer service.

It goes without saying, Warmoth has gone far and above all expectations. They are committed to doing everything possible to not just meet our customer demands but exceed them in every way possible. Seriously, this is a world-class company producing world-class products, backed by a world-class team and ownership. While other companies are taking their lumps, Warmoth is demonstrating their commitment and dedication to their customer base.

Simply unbelievable.

Below are a few pics of the flame top.

The body looks exactly like the website, but the flame has no chatoyance. The flame is flat and in all honesty the top looks more photo than figured.

However, I'm keeping it. I'm keeping it out of appreciation for the entire Warmoth team and I want to support them the best I can. I love that they go above and beyond, and I'm proud to own their parts. Warmoth, their culture, and dedication to their customers has made me a fan for life.

iv7YjBgl.jpg

lhwYsq8l.jpg

Here's the direction I'm headed. Still waiting on parts to arrive, but it's going to be a fun project!

FBObHJjl.jpg

Three things:

- great customer support! Most important, besides having great products, to keep people coming back.

- I love that top. The fact that it is fairly still and doesn't move around much is something I personally prefer :)

- That bridge looks interesting: who made it?

The body is a keeper, and I'm already attached to it due to the unique story. It's a cool reminder of what makes small businesses so incredible, and a symbol of market-leading performance.

I'm excited to start the build, but I'm going to take my time. The pickups are going to be a fun Tom Anderson combo, I'm still assessing wiring options, and I want to find the perfect neck...thinking a Warhead headstock.

That'll look great! I like the Schroeder bridges. Any particular reason you don't use one of their Tele bridges on this one?

IMG_1900_1_grande.jpg

Great question regarding the bridge.

My bridge pickup is a Tom Anderson TM2, which cannot be mounted in an ash tray bridge. The TM series is essentially a super fat single coil in mini humbucker form. Tom says it's far and away the best Tele bridge pickup they make.

Below is an example. I have the same neck pup too...everything arrives tomorrow...can't wait.

gghyKlsl.png

Probably in the wording but the TM2 is meant to have fat single coil like tone, but it is not an actual single coil it is a mini humbucker.

stratamania said:
Probably in the wording but the TM2 is meant to have fat single coil like tone, but it is not an actual single coil it is a mini humbucker.

I apologize for my poor word choice. Yes, the TM2 is designed around a mini hum footprint, but produces fat single coil tone. Due to the humbucker construction it’s dead silent.

I’ve never played Anderson pickups so I’m quite excited. Similar to Warmoth Tom appears to have created a world class company. He personally picks up the phone, will talk gear forever, and then personally follows up with tips, tricks, and personalized wiring diagrams. He’s a total class act.

Badass bridge pickup! And some seriously committed customer service from Warmoth. Gotta love it!

Cactus Jack said:
stratamania said:

I apologize for my poor word choice. Yes, the TM2 is designed around a mini hum footprint, but produces fat single coil tone. Due to the humbucker construction it’s dead silent.

I’ve never played Anderson pickups so I’m quite excited. Similar to Warmoth Tom appears to have created a world class company. He personally picks up the phone, will talk gear forever, and then personally follows up with tips, tricks, and personalized wiring diagrams. He’s a total class act.

No need to apologize its just a clarification. I would be interested to see what you think of the pickups as I have not tried them either.

I'm starting up my build thread which can be found here: https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=31662.0

Back