Clear matte Alder-Canary Solo-IST:) Simple, but cool!

Cagey said:
And I would never paint cherry. If there isn't a law against that, there should be.

What I was referring to, is the practice of staining cherry really really dark to make it appear old (it darkens with exposure to UV). Most "cherry" furniture could have been painted deep purple black for all practical purposes. And yes, it's still a crime even though it's just stain.

Great job.  That end grain is amazing.  Looks like a great player.  I may have missed it but is the finish nitro?  I know warmoth uses nitro for satin.  I was wondering it you were getting shiney spots anywhere. 

Also thanks for moving the pick holder.  Do you drop a lot of picks?  I have only recalled on time I ever dropped a pick during a show.  However I do like what Eddie van Halen does with using two sided tape to attach picks to the bottom horn during shows.  Not very visible and picks are totally accessible. 

DMRACO said:
Great job.  That end grain is amazing.  Looks like a great player.  I may have missed it but is the finish nitro?  I know warmoth uses nitro for satin.  I was wondering it you were getting shiney spots anywhere. 

Also thanks for moving the pick holder.  Do you drop a lot of picks?  I have only recalled on time I ever dropped a pick during a show.  However I do like what Eddie van Halen does with using two sided tape to attach picks to the bottom horn during shows.  Not very visible and picks are totally accessible.

Local luthier did the finish and I'm not sure if it's nitro or anything else, I know it's satin and I like satin finishes:)

I don't drop picks a lot, but I like to have them to be attached to guitar. 

Back