chopping a strat headstock into the old wolfgang shape.....

M

metalman22105

So, I have this old warmoth standard thin strat neck, and I was thinking that for my next project I would cut the strat headstock down to a 4-2 wollgang/ernie-ball musicman shape small headstock. Anyone done this? Here's the headstock now:
3836335727_754d24b045.jpg

Here's some examples, although I want to go with 4 tuners on the left (top) and 2 on the right, like the musicman headstock, but the whole thing smaller like the wolfgang.

3837125460_b5e7200152.jpg

3837125730_83bf2b9058.jpg

3837125850_4fabb4e6e2.jpg

Here's some if the ideas I had:
Pointy:
3837187130_fafb1c9a5c.jpg

Rounded:
3836397905_714c298472.jpg

Pointy 2:
3836397987_f120938f68.jpg

Rounded 2:
3837187158_9039d1d447.jpg

Whaddya think?

yeah, that's my fav so far, I forgot to draw the liin on the treble side, but that's what I like the most at the moment

i like the 1st one...POINTY.  you need to move the tuner holes a little closer to the nut...about 1/4 to 1/2 inch...it will even it out a bit.

I love the headstock on Eddie's new wolfgang.

My vote goes to pointy (although to be honest I can't really tell the difference between the two "pointies"). Please not round. Looks wrong to my eyes.  :laughing7:

haha, to be honest, they're both the exact same, just different angles!  :laughing7:

HAHAHAHAH!!!! I only just noticed that the rounded one looks very "Phallus" shaped!! Oops! DEFINITLEY scratch that idea.

Um...
This is the second guitar i have seen this week that looked like a penis with a hat:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=8886.msg118063#msg118063

line6man said:
Um...
This is the second guitar i have seen this week that looked like a penis with a hat:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=8886.msg118063#msg118063

That's a new hat ass'ole!

T50 said:
How about this?
3837187130_fafb1c9a5c.jpg

you got the tuner holes in the correct spot.  You could cut the head deeper in and the lower point should be shorter than the top...more like the EVH.  like this.

The photoshop sucks but you get the idea.

I am looking forward to this build...based on your last one...it should be killer.

smoothing tuners will make a big difference.  Looking  at both your and mine next to each other...yours looks like a fish...mine looks like a shark.... :laughing8: :laughing8: :laughing8: :laughing8:

Here's a compromise I came up with. The strat's treble side keeps it from looking quite right, but anyways...

stratpeavey.jpg

Max said:
Here's a compromise I came up with. The strat's treble side keeps it from looking quite right, but anyways...

stratpeavey.jpg

thank looks good MAX but I think the 2nd string tuner hole may already be too close to the edge.

you are making me want to buy a strat neck and MOD IT!!!

dmraco said:
you are making me want to buy a strat neck and MOD IT!!!
You and me both.  Cool thread.  :rock-on:

You probably want to move the mounting holes in a little more so that the strings will have a straighter shot through the nut.

Max said:

stratpeavey.jpg

Had to be the Peavey one, not the Fender :p

The 5th tuner hole you can fill with a maple piece and then put a veneer or finish in solid color... ^^ The best solution IMHO

max...can you re-draw with the cut not effecting the 5th tuner hole AND moving 1 and 2 in a bit allow better alignment...... :laughing8:

Just remember USAG still makes a EVH... :toothy12:

I wonder if a WARMOTH neck will bolt right up to that body?? :sign13:

Back