Chambered Walnut Top Telecaster

MikeW

Finished this up a while ago actually but haven't had time to post the pics until now. Our singer wanted a new Tele and saw this guy in the Warmoth Chambered Body sale. Wlanut top on chambered Mahogany. Super resonant acoustically too. Really nice job on the finish by the Big W.

20160611_112610_zpsu0njc3uo.jpg

20160611_112600_zpsuagzomvf.jpg

He picked up a Roasted Maple/Rosewood neck to go with it. SS6105 frets and a TUSQ nut. Shaller locking tuners to top it off. He likes the look of the decal on the headstock so got one online.

IMG_1720_zpsofxaxjy6.jpg

Here it is completed. That's a Syemour Duncan JB Jr. in the bridge and a Vintage Stack in the neck. We wired it up using a 5-way super switch so that we could tap coils in the 2 and 4 positions.

20160630_002245_zpseddfkwdw.jpg

20160630_002309_zpsu0o0hm9r.jpg

Sound great through his Princeton and really shines through the Acoustasonic, which surprised me. It's got a really clean midrange to it that the Acoustasonic brings out.

Nice.  That top sure does look different from other walnut guitars I've seen before, but I like it.

I agree. I'd have never guessed that was Walnut. Very attractive.

I agree. I've never seen flamed Walnut quite like that before although I've seen striping and coloring like that a few times.

What I'm most impressed with is that it's so clean and resonant. It fits in the mix with our surf stuff really perfectly. Has that 'Walk Don't Run' or 'Guitar Noir' clean to it through his Princeton.

Cagey said:
I'd have never guessed that was Walnut....

Same here. I love the look of walnut, but that's an exceptional  piece. Great looking guitar!

:icon_thumright:

Very nice. At first glance this particular walnut is somewhat reminiscent of Koa. Quite unusual.

Back