Carve Top #3

That looks great, but I have one little criticism. The off-centeredness of the two f-holes relative to each other bothers me a bit. Maybe it wouldn't bother me as much if could see one "in the wood", but I think I'd like it better if the lower f-hole was repositioned to be closer to symmetrical with the top one (moved to be closer to the neck). Also, I could imagine that a semi-hollow version without any f-holes (just chambered, like the old Gretsch Chet Atkins Tennessean with it's painted f-holes) would be very cool as an option. I don't want to complain, though. It is pretty cool as is.

EDIT: I see now that the position of the f-holes, controls, etc. are the same as a 70s Fender Starcaster, which must be the reasoning for the positioning. It still bothers me, but not as much.

deajo said:
warmoth, you got it right this time...this is perfect...i can't wait to see this in the builder and what options are available...

did i miss carve top #2?  the CTV model #1, this is #3...somethings missing...

Here you go: http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=21974.0

Damn.  Just when I thought I was done.  AWESOME!!!!!!
Will it be available in a flat top??

Patrick from Davis said:
Well, no one else has said it, just for Doug, "Needs a Floyd."

Just for Trevor, "Nah, needs a Bender."
Patrick
:headbang:

deajo said:
warmoth, you got it right this time...this is perfect...i can't wait to see this in the builder and what options are available...

did i miss carve top #2?  the CTV model #1, this is #3...somethings missing...
Exactly, I'm on here every day, and i missed #2....Unless they're counting the CT Tele's... :dontknow:

It would also be fun to get a flat black non grain filled finish called, "Creosote Black," but that can wait, we got ourselves a Starcaster, err, CT3 to play with.
Patrick

Yes, the people have spoken and the big W has listened :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
I am thinking a hard tail for Christmas would be perfect...  How about a shot of the headstock???
:kewlpics:

I, too, find the assymetric F-holes a little distracting.  If W permits the option to exclude the left-side f-hole, that'd be a resolution I could live with.  Otherwise, I'm diggin' it.

I thought the Starcaster craze was......

I wasn't digging it, didn't think there was a market, didn't think the CNC time justified the 2 people that would actually order them, and so on.  I'll be damned if that one isn't my favorite so far.  Looking forward to a flat top bass version.

Is that a masked binding?

I like the asymmetrical F holes, how do they sound?

Are you sure that is carved top? Looks pretty flat to me.
Also, you guys should do a model with more sag, make a "7" out of those f holes. I hear 7 is all the rage these days

Back