Bridge rout options

vinirosa

Hi, there.

I want to install a Hipshot hardtail/fixed bridge bridge on a Telecaster body. Not sure which bridge rout should I choose. Any help?

Also, I wonder what's the difference between the "Fixed Bridge" vs "Hardtail Bridge, both from Hipshot.

This is a Hipshot FIXED BRIDGE bridge: https://hipshotproducts.com/collections/guitar-bridges/products/fixed-guitar-bridge

Another Hipshot HARDTAIL bridge: https://hipshotproducts.com/collections/guitar-bridges/products/6-string-hardtail-guitar-bridge

Thanks in advance!

The Hardtail bridge is designed as a direct replacement for Fender's Hardtail Strat bridge. It uses the same mounting points and string through holes as a non-tremolo Strat.
The fixed bridge is designed to allow string through, fixed mounting on any guitar you choose that will match their string spacing........... :icon_thumright:

PhilHill said:
The Hardtail bridge is designed as a direct replacement for Fender's Hardtail Strat bridge. It uses the same mounting points and string through holes as a non-tremolo Strat.
The fixed bridge is designed to allow string through, fixed mounting on any guitar you choose that will match their string spacing........... :icon_thumright:

Cool, man.

Is the Hipshot Fixed Bridge a direct drop in for an American Standard Flat Mount bridge? If so, I can choose this bridge routing for my next guitar.

Thanks a lot!

vinirosa said:
PhilHill said:

Cool, man.

Is the Hipshot Fixed Bridge a direct drop in for an American Standard Flat Mount bridge? If so, I can choose this bridge routing for my next guitar.

Thanks a lot!
According to their website, it comes with either Modern string spacing (.430") or Vintage spacing (.446") I haven't used one on an American Standard myself, so I can't testify to it being a drop in fit. If you e-mail or call Warmoth, they might be able to tell you for sure. Good luck on it....... :icon_thumright:

Curious, any implications with using a narrow spaced bridge on a standard spaced pickup?

Back