Replacing a short tele bridge?

Maybe, but probably not. The string holes are way back behind the saddles and screw holes on (most) Tele bridges, whereas (most) Strat flatmounts have the string holes in front of the screw holes, more or less directly under the saddles.

Also, you need something with four mounting holes, not three, if the bridge has already been routed. You got pictures? I'm not understanding your dilemma. I'll say the short tele bridges are nice, why do you want a strat bridge.

Maybe, but probably not. The string holes are way back behind the saddles and screw holes on (most) Tele bridges, whereas (most) Strat flatmounts have the string holes in front of the screw holes, more or less directly under the saddles.
Tele bridges are a bit of an illusion The string though holes are almost in the same place as a hardtail strat bridge but the mounting holes are on the neck side of the strings where as a strat hardtail are mounted behind the strings.

I have no mounting holes at the moment. I'd like to proceed on a project today and only have a tele bridge. I'm not sure I'll like the tele bridge (2 1/8 string spacing) but I know I'll like the strat as I've used it in the past.
I also don't want want to be that guy with 8 bridges kicking around so I'd like to give the tele bridge a shot with the strat as a fall back.

I don’t know if there’s a strat bridge out there that can do what you want. All I can say is keep searching, but if after awhile you don’t find something you might have to reserve the tele bridge for another project.

Back