Beta testing new Showcase search tool

Wyliee

Anyone want to test and/or check out the new Showcase search tool?  This is something the web gang has been working on for a while now.

You need to use this link: http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/

Let us know what you think.  The web gang will be monitoring this thread, so please respond here.  If you encounter technical issues, let us know please.  Be sure to indicate what OS and browser version.  If there is something you don't like about it, try to give specifics.

Rock on!  :party07:

I just went there and tried it. One thing I see right away that's missing for me: the "all exotic woods" filter. I use that a lot. It would be a royal PITA to have to search through the whole lot, or go through each individual wood choice filter, to try to get a quick idea what different woods are available at any particular time.

Other than that, it seems to work OK.

I think a "select-all/deselect-all" option would be handy.  Sometimes you just want to exclude one or two types of wood.  For example ,maybe I want everything EXCEPT varieties of maple and mahogany.  So if I select all, then uncheck just those four or five boxes, that's a lot quicker and easier than selecting each remaining box individually.

Titles are wrong in Bass Necks headstock filter.

Other than that, it looks good so far. The only other problem so far is I found something I might have to order.  :icon_biggrin:

Using Windows Vista, Opera 11.61.

In the headstock category the Kenneth Lawrence and the KWS are in the straight column, shouldn't they be in the angled... :dontknow:

Second the "exotic woods" for shaftwood and fingerboard.  How about "raw woods" too?

The exotics are all there...They're just mixed in with the rest of the wood choices... :icon_scratch:

It's broken. Every time I search for Baritone + Fatback it says "Sorry, there were NO results with your search options"

:icon_biggrin: for the humor impaired

Oh I love it, i like being able to filter several wood choices

I agree with the select/ deselect all button

and if theres a way to select either or for fretboard or neck wood

ie... I want some pau fero in my neck and I don't care if its fretboard or neck, maybe that works its way out in what you got there already.

Windows Vista Here

Bass necks "Regular Price" shows $240 for everything.

Windows Vista, Opera 11.61.

The search on construction type is great. As is the option to choose multiple attributes like MOP, Abalone, White face dots, for instance. Very easy to use. My only suggestion is to have a 'bread comb trail' above the search results since that is pretty standard on most search page results. Also the browser back function does not work.

I really like it. Much easier to get to  the results you want.

Update: I think Construction type should include Mustang/Jag and 7 String. The home page, under Guitar => Necks lists those as the categories of necks. Also in the neck builder if you choose the Mustang/CBS Mustang the Construction type in the builder is listed as 'Mustang' so it appears that is already classified as a construction type in the Database. The same goes for the 7 string necks in the 7-string neck builder. The Construction type is 7 String Pro.

You CAN get to the 24" and 7 string necks in the Beta page via the headstock category.

Update 2: Orientation doesn't have Right Hand Reverse

The details button is missing so the neck/body cannot be opened, only the preview pic opens for me.

I'd like to see an option for "all straight radius". It would make things easier for those not into compound radius instead of searching every radius option by .50".

Explorer/Windows 7.

I'd like a filter on heels. I may not care about the headstock while I'm looking for ideas to match a body, but I sure care about the neck heel.

I second 'check all / clear all' buttons as a starting point for your search.

Baritone actually pulls up 24.75" necks.

DangerousR6 said:
In the headstock category the Kenneth Lawrence and the KWS are in the straight column, shouldn't they be in the angled... :dontknow:
KWS isn't angled.

Sorry, I may have missed it.  The system was not working great for me.

I'd like to see the ability to pick multiple options from multiple categories.  For example, sort for wood type on Strats, Tele's and LP and not other all at one time. 

So far so good. The only thing I'd add, and maybe it's already there and I haven't found it yet, is a checkbox in the "finish" tab that you can check to also have unfinished bodies searched into the mix.

Worked find with IE8/XP and IE9/Win7.

AutoBat said:
DangerousR6 said:
KWS isn't angled.
ooops, my bad, I thought it was. But the Ken Lawrence is angled... :icon_biggrin:

Back