Baritone Telecaster Project.

You will def want to use a cleaner and conditioner that has a neutral PH character.  Your sweaty @ss forearm will be molesting that thing for hours at a time.  You can use the saddle soap to clean if you like and one of the premoistened Meguires or Lexol wipes from autozone will do nicely.  Man, I'm envious of that leather smell you will be greeted with everytime you open that case!

This will likely be a sleeves rolled down guitar too, just for further protection.

Thanks for the tips.

Just wiped the first coat of True Oil on the neck about 2 1/2 hours ago.  I can apply a 2nd at around 5:30pm PST.

I'll let it sit for a day, & then decided if it's the best time to do some sanding between coats or apply another thin coat. 

I'm applying very thin coats, not in any hurry, I want it to come out nice.

I entered the GOTM contest, but these pics are going to have to hold ya over for another few days.  All assembled, wired & strung up, ready to go.  The tweed bass case from GFS is due to arrive on Monday, so ill do a full on really nice photo shoot then.  Been playing it some, I'm down with some neck issues right now, possible herniated discs in multiple locations brought on by mild degeneration.  Going back in for a follow up visit with the doc and possibly scheduling an MRI.

Here's a couple of teasers in the meantime, full on nice pictorial coming sometime after monday.

DSC02597.jpg

DSC02598.jpg

As promised, Completed Pics.

The tweed Bass Case I ordered from GFS came in today.  It's quality is decent for a simple "no bells & whistles" type of plywood case.  It was either GFS or Rondo.  Rondo was $20 cheaper, but then I saw the fine print, Printed Vinyl Tweed, meaning that the case is just one big bumper sticker.  The GFS is actual cloth tweed, which was my preference, so I went with it.

DSC02600.jpg

DSC02606.jpg

DSC02603.jpg

DSC02602.jpg

DSC02610.jpg

DSC02612.jpg

DSC02601.jpg

DSC02608.jpg

Glad that wasn't ready in time for the GOTM submission  :icon_biggrin:

Here's an updated pick with the Rutters Control plate.  The blade is angled for ergonomic ease, while the volume pot is 3/8" of an inch further away from the blade, toward the tone pot.  Makes it easer to switch without rolling the volume accidentally.

Back