• Total voters
PT said:
Death by Uberschall said:
Call the band

The Mohels
Turtle Head Fix
Turtle Head Jockeys
I was in the Pool, it was Cold

These and "The Mod" made me laugh out loud and my staff knocked on the door wanting to know what was so funny. I gave them a summary (of some of the earlier stuff - I hope no one minds). Didn't show the recent stuff but no better way to hijack a thread than by genitalia and farts. Speaking of highjack and not meaning to highjack my own thread but Death by U, how do you get your avatar to change photos like that?
Glad I could make you laugh.  :laughing7:

The pic is an animated .gif
The problem is getting the size small enough to pass the site's limit, which is way too small. Warmoth could double the size of the limit and all would be great.

B3Guy said:
wow . . . and I thought my roommates were crazy. never to old for penis jokes, I guess  :icon_jokercolor:

You mean there is an age where I have to stop?

oh my god.. I am so sorry  :tard:

I guess turtle head refers to the post-mod look ????  :icon_biggrin:

PT, I had a lot of those discussions too before my kid was born.... and I actually considered it for one second due to culture, locker room issues etc..
but then I found out how much it actually hurts the kid.. apparently it is similar to having a fingernail pulled off!! I also heard a lot of horror stories about how there are still examples of these procedures going wrong. since you are a doctor you probably have more accurate info, but the stories are certainly around.

we discussed it with the obgyn and she told me that not nearly as many parents have it done to their kids compared to 10 or 20 years ago, so locker room should not be a problem anymore.

oh and I know that some religions have this done as a ritual, but from what I read, is that the Americans took it over in the 1800's because they believed this would make it harder for their kids to play with it...  (I am not going to google this subject at work now, but may look for it later)

Now... how about them cowboys???

Marko said:
oh my god.. I am so sorry  :tard:

I guess turtle head refers to the post-mod look ????   :icon_biggrin:

PT, I had a lot of those discussions too before my kid was born.... and I actually considered it for one second due to culture, locker room issues etc..
but then I found out how much it actually hurts the kid.. apparently it is similar to having a fingernail pulled off!! I also heard a lot of horror stories about how there are still examples of these procedures going wrong. since you are a doctor you probably have more accurate info, but the stories are certainly around.

we discussed it with the obgyn and she told me that not nearly as many parents have it done to their kids compared to 10 or 20 years ago, so locker room should not be a problem anymore.

oh and I know that some religions have this done as a ritual, but from what I read, is that the Americans took it over in the 1800's because they believed this would make it harder for their kids to play with it...  (I am not going to google this subject at work now, but may look for it later)

You know from the puritanical standpoint of the 19th century, that could be correct. If I would have known that I wouldn't have to nair my palms?
Sorry, I hope I don't get banned for that one.

Nairy Palms for a band name?
I'm seriously liking "The Mods". Has a double entendre which I find funny.

Marko said:

I'd heard it was on the way out, and the anteater was making a comeback here.  I'd also heard that the U.S. was the only industrialized nation to practice it on a mass scale.  As for the 19th Century Purtanical reasons......deterent?  Can't comment. 

It's funny how we all frown upon female circumcision in muslim countries, while in the US still over 50% of all boys are being circumcized for (originally) the same reason:
Male circumcision to prevent masturbation

Non-religious circumcision in English-speaking countries arose in a climate of negative attitudes towards sex, especially concerning masturbation. In her 1978 article The Ritual of Circumcision,[8] Karen Erickson Paige writes: "In the United States, the current medical rationale for circumcision developed after the operation was in wide practice. The original reason for the surgical removal of the foreskin, or prepuce, was to control 'masturbatory insanity' - the range of mental disorders that people believed were caused by the 'polluting' practice of 'self-abuse.'"
"Self-abuse" was a term commonly used to describe masturbation in the 19th century. According to Paige, "treatments ranged from diet, moral exhortations, hydrotherapy, and marriage, to such drastic measures as surgery, physical restraints, frights, and punishment. Some doctors recommended covering the penis with plaster of Paris, leather, or rubber; cauterization; making boys wear chastity belts or spiked rings; and in extreme cases, castration." Paige details how circumcision became popular as a masturbation remedy:
"In the 1890s, it became a popular technique to prevent, or cure, masturbatory insanity. In 1891 the president of the Royal College of Surgeons of England published On Circumcision as Preventive of Masturbation, and two years later another British doctor wrote Circumcision: Its Advantages and How to Perform It, which listed the reasons for removing the 'vestigial' prepuce. Evidently the foreskin could cause 'nocturnal incontinence,' hysteria, epilepsy, and irritation that might 'give rise to erotic stimulation and, consequently, masturbation.' Another physician, P.C. Remondino, added that 'circumcision is like a substantial and well-secured life annuity...it insures better health, greater capacity for labor, longer life, less nervousness, sickness, loss of time, and less doctor bills.' No wonder it became a popular remedy."[24]
At the same time circumcisions were advocated on men, clitoridectomies (removal of the anatomy part) were also performed for the same reason (to treat female masturbators). The US "Orificial Surgery Society" for female "circumcision" operated until 1925, and clitoridectomies and infibulations would continue to be advocated by some through the 1930s. As late as 1936, L. E. Holt, an author of pediatric textbooks, advocated male and female circumcision as a treatment for masturbation.[25]
One of the leading advocates of circumcision was John Harvey Kellogg, who is well known for his pseudoscientific views on human sexuality. He advocated the consumption of Kellogg's corn flakes to prevent masturbation, and he believed that circumcision would be an effective way to eliminate masturbation in males.

And really... I am only posting this to keep this ON topic.,...
what a great name for a band:

masturbatory insanity

I think my dad was planning to let my foreskin stay, but then the doc told him about our hospital's Wednesday special for circumcision . . . half off.

B3Guy said:
I think my dad was planning to let my foreskin stay, but then the doc told him about our hospital's Wednesday special for circumcision . . . half off.

My parents got such a deal on mine. Oy vey!

I think we are going to name our band 'Therapy Session'.  As 3 40+ married with kids guys, this is our therapy and it beats paying $50/hour to lie to a therapist.  

I'd rather save the money and buy more Warmoths.  :icon_biggrin:

lafromla1 said:
I think we are going to name our band 'Therapy Session'.  As 3 40+ married with kids guys, this is our therapy and it beats paying $50/hour to lie to a therapist.  

I'd rather save the money and buy more Warmoths.  :icon_biggrin:
Should just call yourselves:

Got No Lifers Band
Death is a Welcomed Thought

NonsenseTele said:
And the band's name? is it decided? :laughing7:

Well I sent out my favs to the other band members and it will be narrowed down to 5.
Final decision this week. I'd love to post a poll for the final 5? The gig will be in a month.
Cheers and thanks again for the 150+ suggestions! :eek:ccasion14:

Mental Pause

PT and the Heart Pacemakers

bed before dead

bed before 11

20th Century Skidzoid 'Roids

The Baby Boomer's Bloomers

Lawerence Plack (and ah one-na, and ah two-ah...)

The Fuglys

Water Crondike

Bill's Pills

Kill Switch

One Foot in Ft Lauderdale

None The Worse For Wear

Twisted Grandpa

Hootie and the Blow Chunks

Balding Crows

The Shut-Ins

Dead Leaplin

vic108 said:
Mental Pause

PT and the Heart Pacemakers

bed before dead

bed before 11

20th Century Skidzoid 'Roids

The Baby Boomer's Bloomers

Lawerence Plack (and ah one-na, and ah two-ah...)

The Fuglys

Water Crondike

Bill's Pills

Kill Switch

One Foot in Ft Lauderdale

None The Worse For Wear

Twisted Grandpa

Hootie and the Blow Chunks

Balding Crows

The Shut-Ins

Dead Leaplin

These are fabulous - especially One Foot in Ft. Lauderdale.

I sent the names out to the other members and believe it or not, most either want to keep Geezer or use some other Geriatric name and call our next few gigs (we have 3 lined up)  "The Artificial Hipsters Tour" :tard: 
Top 5 coming, I'm waiting for one response.

Back