Band name suggestions

Finals

• Total voters
Actually, I think "WIZER" would be an excellent name. Short, pertinent, easy to say/spell/remember, and loaded with hidden meaning and humor. Plus, it's a got a "Z" in it, which, like "X", is a tough letter to beat for "cool factor". Helluva list of qualifications.

Cagey said:
Actually, I think "WIZER" would be an excellent name. Short, pertinent, easy to say/spell/remember, and loaded with hidden meaning and humor. Plus, it's a got a "Z" in it, which, like "X", is a tough letter to beat for "cool factor". Helluva list of qualifications.

+1001 on "WIZER" for all the reasons above along the word play on "WEEZER"

Agreed and ties in Geezer as well.
Doesn't the "You kids get off my lawn" name conjure up images of Mr. Wlson?

PT said:
Although I told him the polling is closed, he still insisted on coming up with some more names. Although these won't count, I thought I'd do my duty to the community in order to stimulate thought for others facing the same band name dilemma.
Forgive me for asking, but why does what we think matter?  I mean, shouldn't your band members' input count more than us?  I've been in bands where one member cared more about what others thought than what the rest of the band thought.  Never worked out.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
PT said:
Although I told him the polling is closed, he still insisted on coming up with some more names. Although these won't count, I thought I'd do my duty to the community in order to stimulate thought for others facing the same band name dilemma.
Forgive me for asking, but why does what we think matter?  I mean, shouldn't your band members' input count more than us?  I've been in bands where one member cared more about what others thought than what the rest of the band thought.  Never worked out.

I wrote a defensive reply at first. You know it is all in fun and every one in the band formally known (or unknown) as Geezer has had a great time with this thread. Who the heck knows what we'll be called but it's great to see all of the creativity. I know when I do my build, I'll be asking again for creative input. Fantastic.

I wasn't trying to evoke a defensive response.  I didn't know the rest of the band was in on it.  I was just coming from the place of being in a band and thinking it weird I wouldn't have a say in the name where other non-bandmember people did.  That was all.

It's funny, the rest of the band has been cheering this whole thing on and trading hilarious emails. You may have had the same experience in your band but if some sort of structure or deadlines aren't set, somebody slacks off and in our case it is often me. Our drummer is totally anal and has been trying to finalize this thing for the last 2 weeks but still asking if anybody has contributed anything else because he thought it was so entertaining!
I'm going to video the Warmoths being played. The bass sounds great and I can't wait to finish the Sapele guitar and crank it through the Mesa Stiletto Ace. My wife to be loves it. Now I just have to figure out how to tell her I put in a Graph Tech ghost system and the whole thing is way over budget.
Cheers

Back