Anybody Receiving Thanksgiving Sale Pieces?/////////////////////////////////////

kellysmall

I bought a new body from the Showcase during the Thanksgiving holiday sale.  The order was entered on Nov. 26, and all I was having done to it was drill the jack hole and apply a clear gloss finish.  Today, January 11, I still have no idea when it's going to ship.  Anybody else experiencing this amount of time lag in getting their orders?

That's weird.  Have you called them up? I know they were swamped this season, mine took a while but I did get it (actually had to send a neck back, and they made me a new one.)

I bought a neck in the showcase and received it just after Christmas.  The neck had to get finished too, so it was actually fairly quick.

Jusatele's got it. I've ordered two necks and a body since mid-December and into early January, and they're all going to be here within the next week. But, only one was custom (it's coming first) and none required finishes. I was thinking they hired some seasonal help to move things along, but maybe they just pressed people into overtime. I've never gotten things so quickly out of them in the past. But, you want a finish? Step aside. They're time-consuming.

Speaking of seasonal help, I noticed in the days before Christmas that there were two UPS guys on the trucks instead of the normal one (we get a lot of deliveries here). That's one of the nice things about private enterprise - they adjust - unlike some failing ultra-expensive government entities I could mention.

+1 on the finish being the bottleneck.  Doesn't particularly matter if it's only a simple clear finish - there's still grainfill to be done, which will be done in batches of bodies; then you'll wait for that to cure, sanding, clearcoating, buffing - and all that needs to be integrated into a production workflow.  I wouldn't want to be the one directing traffic on the Warmoth shop floor (well, it might be kinda neat for a while, but ultimately its gotta approach the complexity of air traffic control, with none of the glamour).

Like I've said - finish is kind of a misnomer since the process tends to drag out forever.

Back