Chambered Rosewood Telecaster Body (no longer for sale)

dudesweet157

Some of you may have seen my thread in the Hardware sub-forum.  Basically, I didn't bond with my Telecaster, just can't get used to the control layout or how it hangs on a strap.  I do, however, love the sound, so I'm going to put together a Strat with Telecaster pickups! :headbang:

Specs
Chambered Telecaster Body
3-piece Indian Rosewood back
2-piece bookmatched Indian Rosewood top
Single f-hole
Forearm and Belly contour (chambered Teles used to come standard this way)
Contoured heel
H-X-T pickup rout
Vintage Tele bridge rout

Also included
Joe Barden Vintage Tele bridge, chrome
Telecaster control plate, chrome
Electrosocket jack, chrome
Pickguard, black,white, black
Dome knobs, chrome

I bought this guitar used off of ebay a year or two ago.  I don't think it's previous owner knew what he was doing as the pickguard and control plate are not mounted in quite the right place (as evidenced on the lower horn).  It's just slightly off center, like he tried the drill mounting holes without taping down the pickguard to keep it from moving.  This is an easy fix with some toothpicks and some know-how, I just haven't gotten around to doing it because I was gigging with it every weekend, but now that my band has imploded I have a lot more free time on my hands (hence the new guitar build).

I would say the body is in very good condition.  There are a couple tiny dings on the top edge beside the control plate that you can see but you can't feel.  There is also some minor buckle rash from the previous owner (I leave my shirt untucked when playing) and some minor scratches that would buff out easily if you were that anal retentive.

When I bought it, I paid $450 +shipping for the body with a crappy Fender bridge with un-compensated saddles that howled with the teeniest amount of overdrive.  I'd like to get that back if I could with the Joe Barden bridge (compensated saddles, no microphonic screeching) included.  NOT included at that price are the pickups-a Dimarzio PAF Classic in the neck and a Fast Track T in the bridge.  I'm going to re-purpose them in my Tele-Strat unless you really want them for say, $100 more?

So pricing wise say:

$450 for the body and everything listed above
$550 if you want the body loaded with pickups and wiring harness.

Continental US, I'll eat the shipping.  I'm more than willing to ship outside the lower 48, but I'd need some help from the buyer on the extra cost.  I'm also open to offers/partial trades, but be reasonable guys.  A new custom order body with these specs will run you $862 before shipping, and they cheapest finished Rosewood body in the showcase is Strat at $845 ($760.50 with the sale).

Now for the pics:

WarmothTelecaster004.jpg

WarmothTelecaster007.jpg

WarmothTelecaster003.jpg

Marks you see in the finish are reflections, this body was a beotch to photograph.  I'll add more later, but I've got to get ready to go to work now.

4 days, almost 60 views, and not even a single reply.  Bummer dude...

I've also spent some more time over the long weekend playing it, and I really don't want to sell it.  It just sounds so nice.  You ever want to love a guitar so bad, but there is just some tragic flaw to it that ruins it for you?  I think I'm going to try and learn to love it a little while longer, and if it's just not meant to be, I'll re-list it, but as of right now, it's no longer for sale.

-David

Back