Any Harrison fans? ROCKY replica!

objectively speaking, it IS a pretty ugly guitar. I probably wouldn't like it if I didn't know anything about the Beatles. I don't even think I'd play it at a gig unless doing a Beatles tune (My bro probably will anyways. He's odd like that  :laughing7:). Could be worse though- I could have painted the design over figured/flame koa...THE HORROR! :icon_jokercolor:

Jusatele said:
nice work, that nails the guitar
and a great tribute to a very under rated guitar player, he wrote and played some of the most famous hooks and lead lines ever done. The song Something has guitar work in it so simple yet it stays in your head as tasty and beautiful stuff.
I commend you for doing such, and to give it to your brother is really cool.

Spot on ... but, if memory serves me correctly, the tasty guitar licks on Something is actually Clapton. I seem to remember a Guitar Player interview (quite) a few years back where George said he had too much going on producing the song to actually play the lead. Gently Weeps, as well.

Clapton did a bit of the guitar work for Harrison, then took his wife.  I believe that was a sore point between them for many years after that.

AutoBat said:
Clapton did a bit of the guitar work for Harrison, then took his wife.  I believe that was a sore point between them for many years after that.

They rose above the issue of Patty as they got older.  George in later years joked about it in interviews. George and Eric were good friends at the time of George's death, and Eric went to great effort to MD the Concert for George which was brilliant as a tribute to George.

B3Guy said:
Someday, I'm gonna make a pseudo-documentary comedy called "Paul is Dead". Even though it is clearly a conspiracy theory-level phoey-tale, there's a wealth of great so-called evidence that could easily be organized and humorized into something extremely funny. I'm thinking a mix of documentary-style footage, mixed with a sort of hand-held thriller look (these two are similar, and would merge very easily), all with a distinct beatles movie humor (AKA humor of the films they were actually in), and of course a "killer" soundtrack.  :icon_thumright:

Actually you could be really mischievous and end up taking the line that Paul had indeed died and the replacement was a better artist. Then twist the doco/comedy around as if Paul had not died, and watch the horrible music rise up from his pen and The Beatles end up being not so great as a result.  Feel free to steal that synopsis.

anorakDan said:
Jusatele said:
nice work, that nails the guitar
and a great tribute to a very under rated guitar player, he wrote and played some of the most famous hooks and lead lines ever done. The song Something has guitar work in it so simple yet it stays in your head as tasty and beautiful stuff.
I commend you for doing such, and to give it to your brother is really cool.

Spot on ... but, if memory serves me correctly, the tasty guitar licks on Something is actually Clapton. I seem to remember a Guitar Player interview (quite) a few years back where George said he had too much going on producing the song to actually play the lead. Gently Weeps, as well.

From what I have read, Something is a full on Beatles recording, with the only extra musicians being Billy Preston and  George Martin offering arangements.

Whilst Something was originally written at about the time of the White Album, it was only recorded in demo form at those sessions and not considered to be finished for that album. Harrison did not offer Something for the Get Back/Let It Be sessions, Wiki citing that he felt it wouldnlt get full treatment and time to develop under those sessions and McCartney and Lennon being less than impressed with Old Brown Shoe as it's replacement.

When the time of the Abbey Road sessions came about it was the right time and under the right circumstances to work fully on Something. Those sessions were noted for The Beatles wanting to work totally within the band structure and not bringing in too many muso friends to help out like had plagued The White Album sessions. Preston probably only got involved because he was far better at organ playing than any of The Beatles.

There a lot of talented musicians that just can't play the organ. Elton John and Liberace were both great piano players but they sucked on an organ :guitaristgif:

BDI said:
pabloman said:
Anyone seen the Last Testiment of George Harrison?

Is that where "George" supposedly said that Paul was dead and they were forced to cover it up? Did anybody actually take that seriously?

Dude, obviously Heather Mills was the woman who was in the accident with Paul in the 60's, had plastic surgery, and blackmailed "Faul" (Fake Paul) to force him to marry her. And the Beatles foresaw this and wrote about it in "Happiness is a Warm Gun". "She's not a girl who misses much?" Obviously they used this line to tell their fans that Faul was in danger of being blackmailed. It's lyrical genius.

So true about piano people not knowing jack about how to handle a Hammond  :icon_thumright:

and yes, there is abundant lyrical evidence for Paul's alledged accident, along with many creepy pieces of album and liner artwork. (take the Sgt. Pepper's cover "grave scene" for example). The real genious is how John realized that people loved to find hidden meanings in lyrics. I'm pretty sure he intentionally created nonsense phrases and ambiguous lyrics in order to make interpretation just plain fun for all the crazy hippies. The complete television show on the "Paul is Dead" rumor is on youtube. Check it out, it is lots of fun, especially if you let yourself be suckered in for a few hours while you watch it.  :laughing7:

When I watched it on netflix while working a grave yard shift I was convinced. Faul. That's hilarious. Heather Mills lost her leg in an assassination attempt. Linda got to marry Paul because she knew the secret. Paul playing tight. It's good stuff. 

I think it's fair to say that this Thread has been, sadly, well and trully HIJACKED!!!  :sad:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5de6fYWKDWU[/youtube]

Back