Any Harrison fans? ROCKY replica!

BDI

I just completed this George Harrison replica for my brother's birthday. He's quite the Beatlemaniac. It's the first time I've used a W neck on a build, and I was so impressed with the company I decided to build MY OWN partial-warmoth (you may have seen my post in "Hardware")

Specs:
-Bought this Pau Ferro on Maple neck about a year ago after first learning about Warmoth (though I wasn't sure what project to use it on)
-MOP dot inlay
-Gotoh Tuners
-Alder strat body and bridge off the 'Bay
-Pickguard and other hardware/electronics from GFS
-Fender CS '69 pickups  :guitaristgif:
-Hand painted personally, finished with brush-on polyurethane from Lowes (I wanted it to be protected but still retain that brushstroke-y, I'm-tripping-out-and-just-painted-my-guitar quality. Anything but the solid gloss look)
-And anything else I forgot

It's not 100% perfect but I doubt he'll notice... :laughing7:

Don't mind the couch in the second picture- I came home yesterday to discover that my chocolate lab puppy decided she'd rather eat the couch than her puppy chow.

Attachments

• rocky1.jpg
    rocky1.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 583
  • rocky2.jpg
    rocky2.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 551
Well BDI I'm a huge fan and that is one phenomenal job!

Thanks! I'm really proud of the paintjob. Only had to sand back and redo, er...3 times :doh:

nice work, that nails the guitar
and a great tribute to a very under rated guitar player, he wrote and played some of the most famous hooks and lead lines ever done. The song Something has guitar work in it so simple yet it stays in your head as tasty and beautiful stuff.
I commend you for doing such, and to give it to your brother is really cool.

That is a stunning replica, fantastic job.

Huge harrison fan myself etc, although this guitar really reminds me of the video for I Am the Walrus.

Now do a 'The Fool' SG  :eek:ccasion14:

Thanks guys  :eek:ccasion14: . I got him strung and set up, and couldn't help but take some more pics. I got a week with it before my bro gets in town- can't wait!
Panthur said:
Now do a 'The Fool' SG 
That would really be something...naw I got enough projects cooking up already. This site's giving me all new ideas of how to drain my bank account  :laughing7:

Attachments

• rocky4.JPG
    rocky4.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 411
  • rocky5.JPG
    rocky5.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 423
  • rocky6.JPG
    rocky6.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 400
  • rocky3.JPG
    rocky3.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 406
Nope. It's going to be a surprise. I might have to send him an email to make sure he has room in his truck, though. But even if he knows it's about a guitar he still won't know which one...

pabloman said:
Anyone seen the Last Testiment of George Harrison?

Is that where "George" supposedly said that Paul was dead and they were forced to cover it up? Did anybody actually take that seriously?

BDI said:
pabloman said:
Anyone seen the Last Testiment of George Harrison?

Is that where "George" supposedly said that Paul was dead and they were forced to cover it up? Did anybody actually take that seriously?

WTF?

Well, I tell you what.....IF McCartney had died way back in 1966, his replacement was a hell of  a lot better as a writer and musician that they had bargained for!  :headbang1:

BTW, this Strat project is excellent. The Harrison Estate would have approved.  :icon_thumright:

Thanks OzziePete. I'm too much of a skeptic to believe silly stories like "Paul is dead," but IF we've had an imposter since '66, I think I like him better.

Someday, I'm gonna make a pseudo-documentary comedy called "Paul is Dead". Even though it is clearly a conspiracy theory-level phoey-tale, there's a wealth of great so-called evidence that could easily be organized and humorized into something extremely funny. I'm thinking a mix of documentary-style footage, mixed with a sort of hand-held thriller look (these two are similar, and would merge very easily), all with a distinct beatles movie humor (AKA humor of the films they were actually in), and of course a "killer" soundtrack.  :icon_thumright:

that's probably the ugliest guitar i'll see all week, but as a tribute, it looks spot-on.

Back