ANNOUNCEMENT: Gibson styled products

Sad to hear that! Looks like Gibson wanted to avoid the whole ESP-lawsuit-thing from back in the days way before Warmoth could ever think to start making finished guitars. I'm really sad, an x-bird/Explorer was in the plans for me... from now to 10 years as slow as I am :D I really hope to see those new body shapes goming out soon.

Will we still be able to get replacement pickguards for those pesky discontinued bodies? I can see my V-1 guard possibly needing to be replaced eventually. There's not a lot of material around that last screw hole at the point.

FernandoDuarte said:
hannaugh said:
I really wanted a black burst/dye quilt top SG.  Would look so sweet...

And the L5S, how would it be?

I actually had planned on making a woodburned design for it with undersea creatures - maybe an octopus or something. 

hannaugh said:
FernandoDuarte said:
hannaugh said:
I really wanted a black burst/dye quilt top SG.  Would look so sweet...

And the L5S, how would it be?

I actually had planned on making a woodburned design for it with undersea creatures - maybe an octopus or something. 
Cant help much, then :)
Have a L5S body throw at side that could help... It has been routed to be a set-neck, though

FernandoDuarte said:
Have a L5S body throw at side that could help... It has been routed to be a set-neck, though

Did you ever find a case for it? If so, do you still need it? If not, wanna sell it?

I have an L5S in process that is currently caseless and it doesn't appear that any aftermarket suppliers addressed that market since there are so few of them out there. They're just a bit too wide for any typical case, even the square ones that aren't dedicated or cut to any particular style.

No Cagey.... As I never made the neck for it, I've never searched a case....
I know in Brazil some companies that does custom cases, I bet 10 dollars that there is some there north too... MIght be one or other with a nice budget and a decent product...
(or you can go to that mighty special one that Mayfly told us that is bullet-proof and cost US$900  :laughing7: )

if they can make a case for the Gretsch hollow bodies, you can find one large enough for anything.
KROQ+Weenie+Roast+Y+Fiesta+2009+1JnSInf19nbl.jpg

Pictured: Tim Armstrong of Rancid

That's probably what I'm going to end up doing - get something designed for a semi-hollow of some sort, gut it and reupholster it to fit.

I think for most folks this is a good announcement. I see no reason to copy Gibson products because the shape is so generic, so you build a custom guitar that looks so similar to Gibson products and Gibsons own Epiphone.  So when I see you play your guitar, I assume it is a knock off and worth $100. On the other hand,  by altering the shape and putting some personality into it, it has echos of a Lp or ? but reflects your personality.

With warmoth you don't get utter balls for QA, Gibson are loosing all there sales( OR SHOULD BE!), god forbid they let a better company keep beating them at quality.

Come at me gibson, I dare ye ;) had to finally get that rant out.

Never getting a thunderbird anymore unless i find a nice second hand warmoth body on ebay  :sad: So wanted a dragonburst and purpleheart neck combo t-bird.

Damn them all to hell  :evil4: :evil4: :evil4: :evil4: :evil4:

bluespoet said:
I think for most folks this is a good announcement. I see no reason to copy Gibson products because the shape is so generic, so you build a custom guitar that looks so similar to Gibson products and Gibsons own Epiphone.  So when I see you play your guitar, I assume it is a knock off and worth $100. On the other hand,  by altering the shape and putting some personality into it, it has echos of a Lp or ? but reflects your personality.

The same could be said for Strat copies because of Squier.  The super custom Warmoth LPs, they had personality.  Besides, people were building them because Gibson wasn't doing enough to get their business.

bluespoet said:

I sort of see what you're saying, but I also think the quality of the tops/finishes from Warmoth make it pretty clear that these aren't some cheap knock-off from China or something. I mean, just look at the last 6-7 builds in the LP thread, and it's clear that those are all VERY nice instruments.

bluestometal said:
I really hope to see those new body shapes goming out soon.
I don't know how sudden this lawsuit by Gibson was, but where is Warmoth in terms of giving an estimate for release of the revised body shapes? Weeks? Months? Years?

Unrepresented said:
bluestometal said:
I really hope to see those new body shapes goming out soon.
I don't know how sudden this lawsuit by Gibson was, but where is Warmoth in terms of giving an estimate for release of the revised body shapes? Weeks? Months? Years?
It probably takes awhile considering that if it's going to be based off of other companies' works they'd need to get an agreement and whatnot, but I wish they would just go with Guild since I'd think that because Fender owns them all the models from Guild should be up for grabs.

If you still want clone bodies , you can always get a blank and carve your own .. it's not that hard

Back