7/8 Strat

Mitch

Getting started on a 7/8 Strat project.  The body is Swamp Ash with contoured heal.  The neck is maple/maple with Clapton profile and 6105 SS frets.  I didn't specify a one piece body but that's how Warmoth made it.  Thanks Warmoth!

Attachments

• IMG_0178.JPG
    IMG_0178.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 415
  • IMG_0182.JPG
    IMG_0182.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 349
  • IMG_0185 (1).JPG
    IMG_0185 (1).JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 358
  • IMG_0186.JPG
    IMG_0186.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 329
That's gonna be purty! I like the Warhead headstock choice. One of my favorites.

The pickguard is white pearloid from Warmoth.  I'm working on wiring it up.  Seymour Duncan Everything Axe pups, 250K pots with a cap and resistor treble bleed.  I have a Babicz original full contact hardtail bridge and hipshot staggered locking tuners.  This is my first Warmoth build but I've worked on lots of guitars so I don't expect the build to take too long.

Got it assembled in one day!  Ordering a pre-finished neck and body made this an easy project.  I had all of the hardware ready to go.  I pre-wired all the electronics on an old Strat pickguard so when I received the shipment from Warmoth, which took 7 weeks from the time I placed the order,  I could start assembly.
I now have a new, custom built guitar to my exact specs.

Attachments

• IMG_0211.JPG
    IMG_0211.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 483
Once you've had a chance to play it a bit, let us know what you think about the 7/8 body/neck combo - I'm considering going the route myself...

Warmoth's 7/8 Strats is the best thing since sliced bread.
I couldn't be happier with mine.
Of course I have it paired with a 24" Mustang neck, since I'm a firm believer that your size should dictate the scale length of your guitar.
Playing an ordinary Strat feels like putting on a pair of shoes that's five sizes too big.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/s3UhgTTEwA0[/youtube]

First off I want to thank the folks here at the forum.  The choices that Warmoth offers can be mind boggling.  I spent much time reading the posts here before making my decisions particularly with the neck and frets.  I am very satisfied with my choice of Clapton profile, maple/maple, satin finish and 6105SS frets.  It was also from the forum that I learned about the 7/8 body style.  That alone makes doing a Warmoth project worth the effort.  Compared to my other guitars, my new 7/8 Strat is lighter, more comfortable and very easy to play high up on the neck. 
As much as I would like to do another Warmoth project I probably won't only because I now have my "perfect" guitar with every feature that I want.

Mitch said:
As much as I would like to do another Warmoth project I probably won't only because I now have my "perfect" guitar with every feature that I want.
Don't let that stop you. In time there will be something you would like to try that's not the same and it'll propel you down the 'build' road again. :icon_biggrin:

Rgand said:
.....In time there will be something you would like to try that's not the same and it'll propel you down the 'build' road again. :icon_biggrin:
Indeed. At the first, I only intended to build a Strat. Then came a Jazzmaster. And then a Telecaster. Presently planning #4, and depending on how things work out, could also be the start of planning for #5!

But you just keep telling yourself: I can quit any time I want....... :sad1:

Thanks for posting those images! I actually didn't know about the babicz hardtail until I noticed it in your photo, and I just purchased one to try out! The full-contact saddle is really interesting... and the 2.2oz listed weight due to full aluminum construction peaked my interest too.

Back