7/8 Size - 24 Fret = 24 3/4" Scale - Black Korina

simple

Staff member
Black Korina 7/8 sized body, Black Korina 24 3/4" scale, 24 fret neck with Brazilian Rosewood Fingerboard. For pickups, Rio Grande Tall Boy in the neck position and a BBQ in the bridge. Original Floyd Rose Trem. Notice the Flame in the Korina. Not a common thing to find in Korina. Light Tobacco burst on pegface and body, Satin finish on the back of the Clapton profiled neck. Abalone inlays and Stainless Steel frets. The shape of the peghead is a custom shape made by Warmoth called the Warhead.

It sounds and plays incredibly well. Great access to all 24 frets, nice slinky feel to the strings since it's a 24 3/4" scale.

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Whoa, I should have dusted off the logo. Didn't know my camera could take such a nice close up.  :toothy11:

I love the grains on flame korina. I have seen a few of them in the showcase in the past year. I don't have a guitar with korina, it will be my choice of wood if I go for a second warmoth.

oh my that is a masterpiece  man what a combo the finish is flawless bet it sounds like its 10 feet long. this build makes me itchy for a new one. keep it up thanks kayle ps what about the pimped out gold floyd wrench????????? xxxxtraaaaaaaaa tone mabey???????

NonsenseTele said:
God damns the 98% tax!! :laughing11:
Beautifull!! But what means 7/8 body size? :-\
7/8 means the body is just slightly smaller than a standard Strat body. About 15% smaller.

NonsenseTele said:
Wow! Why the neck pickup is upside down? :icon_scratch:
It shouldn't be. The wires exited the pickup on the end that goes to the control cavity.

Gregg Stewart said:
It shouldn't be. The wires exited the pickup on the end that goes to the control cavity.

I didn't understand very well  :sad1: perhaps English skill issues... :icon_biggrin:
On the 4th pic, the name RioGrande is upside down  :)

You said it's upside down because of the lenght of the wires of the pickup?
(i'm thinking in travel to a english language country in my vacation, perhaps I get better english skills...)

givememytoys said:
oh my that is a masterpiece  man what a combo the finish is flawless bet it sounds like its 10 feet long. this build makes me itchy for a new one. keep it up thanks kayle ps what about the pimped out gold floyd wrench????????? xxxxtraaaaaaaaa tone mabey???????
Ya, the wrench holder isn't black but was given to me by Spike at Warmoth and it's so handy I used it anyway. Yes, this is a great sounding guitar. Great mids especially. The tone is real throaty but still has plenty of low end without being muddy at all.

NonsenseTele said:
Gregg Stewart said:

I didn't understand very well  :sad1: perhaps English skill issues... :icon_biggrin:
On the 4th pic, the name RioGrande is upside down  :)

You said it's upside down because of the lenght of the wires of the pickup?
(i'm thinking in travel to a english language country in my vacation, perhaps I get better english skills...)

The wires came out of the end of the pickup closest to the controls and that's what I went by when I installed it. I'll call Rio Grande and ask them if I have it in upside down though I don't think it affects the sound any.

Kostas said:
I love the grains on flame korina. I have seen a few of them in the showcase in the past year. I don't have a guitar with korina, it will be my choice of wood if I go for a second warmoth.
If you want the flamed Korina, you may want to buy the body now since once it's gone, it's gone. It was a fluke to get it.

Sooooooo  Fri**en Coooolllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........It Looks like a Weapon of Destruction !!!!!!!!!!!!!..............Super Nice Touches Greg...... :kewlpics: :party07: :party07: :party07:  Drool..............

Curious about any volume change with the BBQ and Tallboy combo........do you need to turn up when you switch from neck to bridge??????

Also for my own future builds, Do you like the Sound of the BBQ more than the Muy Grande, with this wood in particular???

Man, I just went over some of the details, and man I can see you really thought this baby through, Black Korina Neck and Body, pure tone!!!!!   I know how great Black Korina sounds, and a body and neck together has to just smoke!!!!..........and thats an excellent piece of Brazilian Rosewood as well, nice clean grain patterm but with beautifull swirls to match the flame on the korina .....too Cool.......top it all off with one of my all time favorite finishes and one Warmoth does particularly well.....Tobacco Burst, ( neck and body....ha!!!!! ....Schooweet!!!! )
And  to top that off.. all Black hardware, Floyd Rose, Warhead Headstock...........24 Fret Neck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  contoured heel.........Got it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh yeah, 24 3/4 scale neck............Im anxious to try one of those, and this looks like the perfect style for it.......Cool 7/8 body...

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!............Stunning!!!!!!!! :icon_tongue:

I'm waiting for my black korina bodied project to arrive, and I keep seeing beauties like this with STELLAR tobacco bursts. I have to keep reminding myself that its ok, I'll still love my clear gloss finished body. Wonderful build.

Superbeast520 said:
Man, I just went over some of the details, and man I can see you really thought this baby through, Black Korina Neck and Body, pure tone!!!!!   I know how great Black Korina sounds, and a body and neck together has to just smoke!!!!..........and thats an excellent piece of Brazilian Rosewood as well, nice clean grain patterm but with beautifull swirls to match the flame on the korina .....too Cool.......top it all off with one of my all time favorite finishes and one Warmoth does particularly well.....Tobacco Burst, ( neck and body....ha!!!!! ....Schooweet!!!! )
And  to top that off.. all Black hardware, Floyd Rose, Warhead Headstock...........24 Fret Neck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  contoured heel.........Got it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh yeah, 24 3/4 scale neck............Im anxious to try one of those, and this looks like the perfect style for it.......Cool 7/8 body...

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!............Stunning!!!!!!!! :icon_tongue:

Thanks Superbeast and everyone,

I did put some thought in to this one and I'm glad it came out how I had envisioned it. I wouldn't be able to find something like this hanging on a store wall somewhere, that's for sure. It's a keeper!  :icon_biggrin:

That's one of the nicest guitars I've ever seen!
Is the neck made out of Korina too?
Is the Warhead peghead now a new option? never came across it on the warmoth homepage

*edit - I re-read your post that the neck is indeed made out of Korina :)

Back