7/8 S-Style in Black Cherry / Wenge Warhead

This build is done. My photography skills, just like my guitar skills, suck! The build turned out pretty nice though, and I'm a happy boy! The guitar definitely has a feel of quality and is well set up. The whole fret-leveling-the-high-spots and smoothing-up-the-fret-ends that I entrusted a "Pro", was basically a fiasco! All better now.

IMG_4296.JPG

IMG_4314.JPG

IMG_4315.JPG

Kluson Revolution F-Mount with staggered tuners:
IMG_4321.JPG

IMG_4322.JPG

IMG_4324.JPG

IMG_4330.JPG

For the tone cap, I tried a .047, .032, .022, .015, and .010. The .022 gave me what I was mainly looking for:
IMG_4294.JPG

I just realized that I never introduced the build specs...

7/8 S-Style Body
Construction: Solid
Core Wood: Swamp Ash
Control Cavity: Rear Rout
Neck Pickup Rout: Humbucker (Wood Mount)
Middle Pickup Rout: None
Bridge Pickup Rout: Humbucker (Wood Mount)
Controls: 1 Volume, 1 Tone, & Blade Switch
Jack Rout: 7/8" (22mm) Side Jack Hole
Bridge Rout Type: Hardtail
Bridge Rout: Schaller 475
Mounting Holes: Standard 4-Bolt
Body Contours: Forearm Contour, Tummy Cut, Custom Contoured Heel
Paint Category: Metallic
Top Color: Black Cherry
Back Color: Black Cherry
Satin or Gloss: Gloss

7/8 Warhead Neck
Construction: Modern
Shaft Wood: Wenge
Fretboard Wood: Ebony (Macassar)
Unique Choice: No, Warmoth can choose for me.
Nut Width: 1.650" (42mm) - Vintage Medium
Neck Back Profile: Wolfgang
Fretboard Radius: 10" - 16" Compound
Number of Frets: 24
Binding: None
Fret Size & Material: SS6105 - Narrow & Tall (Stainless)
Tuner Hole Size: Planet Waves (13/32")
Inlay Shape: Premium Dots
Inlay Material: Mother Of Pearl
Side Dots: Moon Glow Side Dots (3mm)
String Nut: Earvana Nut - White Corian
Mounting Holes: Standard 4-BoltNeck
Heel Shape: Strat® Shape

Just outstanding! Like a big sparkling glass of Dr.Pepper. Been looking at that Schaller bridge for a long time. How are you finding it?

Been looking at that Schaller bridge for a long time. How are you finding it?
This is the second guitar that I’ve tried the Schaller 475 (or 3D-6). I like it a lot. The Schaller definitely has the feel and the looks of high quality. The top loading feature provides a very shallow string angle over those roller saddles and IMO, keeps the string tension on the slinkier side. The roller saddles rotate very smoothly with no slop. One has to be a bit careful when installing or removing the strings though. When the strings are sliding through the bridge, they can catch the rollers which will alter your preferred string spacing. Acoustically, both guitars sustain very well and the strings ring very clear and balanced. The whole profile of the bridge feels very comfortable under the hand when palm muting.

Sometimes I do wonder what a different flat top top-loading bridge with static saddles might bring to the party, but that would mean drilling new holes into that beautiful paint job. So, no way, José!

I forgot to mention earlier that the Schaller 475 also comes with a nicely designed shim plate about 1/8” thick for when it’s necessary to increase the overall height of the bridge:
IMG_0989.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice. I have made a plate like that to raise a bridge out of brass stock. Thank you for the response! Continue rockin'

This build is done. My photography skills, just like my guitar skills, suck! The build turned out pretty nice though, and I'm a happy boy! The guitar definitely has a feel of quality and is well set up. The whole fret-leveling-the-high-spots and smoothing-up-the-fret-ends that I entrusted a "Pro", was basically a fiasco! All better now.

View attachment 60699

View attachment 60700

View attachment 60701

Kluson Revolution F-Mount with staggered tuners:
View attachment 60702

View attachment 60703

View attachment 60704

View attachment 60705

For the tone cap, I tried a .047, .032, .022, .015, and .010. The .022 gave me what I was mainly looking for:
View attachment 60706
Nice, clean wiring!

Back