Zebra Wood

Doughboy

I'm thinking of getting a black korina body with a zebra wood top & was wondering what type of tone Zebra wood is sililar to & if it would be a good match for korina?

If Zebrawood is only going to be a laminate, it won't make a difference to the tone. The laminate is all about looks, there's not enough wood there to affect the tone.

Honestly, I would not worry about it. Laminate tops have a minimal effect on tone unless they are very thick. Even then, it's not a big deal.

Well I have to add to this one. Do you mean matching in style? Korina can have some stripes in it or at least a stripey quality (if that's a word). Try to find flatsawn zebra wood for a more bizarre look that may match it somewhat. :laughing7:

I was hoping for a top like this.

A korina body, korina/ebony neck with a zebra wood top would look amazing imo. Hopefully it will sound amazing as well.

suhr+modern+zebra.JPG

Doughboy said:

A korina body, korina/ebony neck with a zebra wood top would look amazing imo. Hopefully it will sound amazing as well.

suhr+modern+zebra.JPG

That almost looks like black and white Ebony. :blob7:

I agree it will have little effect , I've built one with zebrano and it is very dense , so if anything it would add a bit of top end.

Doughboy said:

suhr+modern+zebra.JPG

:headbang: :kewlpics: :icon_thumright:

-DC

Back