zebra strat

wiring the P-Rails tomorrow...at least starting.  I hope to have it done soon.  A business trip to Texas will slow it down a bit.

Thanks for kind words so far.  Got the Gotoh Mini 510s installed too.  Very nice units.

NEVER in a million years would i have thought of building a guitar like this...floyd rose...complex wiring...satin finish...I guess this board has inspired me!  If only Warmoth would stop making fantastic looking bodies...I may be able to save some $$ :tard: :doh:

dmraco said:
wiring the P-Rails tomorrow...at least starting.  I hope to have it done soon.  A business trip to Texas will slow it down a bit.

Thanks for kind words so far.  Got the Gotoh Mini 510s installed too.  Very nice units.

NEVER in a million years would i have thought of building a guitar like this...floyd rose...complex wiring...satin finish...I guess this board has inspired me!  If only Warmoth would stop making fantastic looking bodies...I may be able to save some $$ :tard: :doh:
Where in Texas you going?

coming along...got the tuners and floyd on.  I placed the bar a little higher on the headstock.  I was able to keep it more level there.  It really does not effect low E anyhow.  Not sure If I am happy with the placement...hope it grows on me.

I do have a question about spring tension on the floyd.  I have adjusted the action and bridge height but need to adjust the springs.  when tuned up is the whammy supposed to sit level?  Take a look at the pic.  Is this what I am after?  Thanks...this is my 1st with a floyd...I already hate stringing it.

I do have to give a shout to the WARMOTH folks...the neck it PERFECT!  totally flat and moved to a perfect bow once strung.  I guess the gauge of string had something to do with it but I thought it was worth mentioning.

All I have to do is finish the p-rail wiring.  trying to do as much of that our of the body as possible...

Looking good there dmarco, you may need to add another spring to the mix to help level it out. It mostly depends on what gauge strings you use as to how many springs are needed, I usually have very light gauge strings so I need less spring tension... :icon_thumright:

I have three springs in there now.  I have adjusted my increasing/decreasing the tension 9stretch of the springs.  Right now it is completly level.

Running Light strings.....009 to .047 I think

Dude, that thing looks amazing! Great job! I think the bar looks good, not too high

metalman22105 said:
Dude, that thing looks amazing! Great job! I think the bar looks good, not too high

thanks...you satin finish help inspire me.  I used poly though.

rockskate4x said:
how do you like the P-rails? What options do you have in the control layout?

they look cool!!!  I have not finished wiring them yet.

I will have every option BUT parallel.  It will include series, humbucking, single coil, and p-90, and every combo there of.  I hope to finish it off today.

the p rails are in.  they sound FANTASTIC>>>>>especially clean!  Humbucker and rail sound real nice...humbucker is like a duncan JB and the rail is close to classic strat.  

I am not used to the p-90 setting as I have never played one before...It is a warm tone...kinda like a muddy single coil.

I seem to be having an issue with my 3 way.  The bridge and neck PUs work well independantly...but I am having some issues inthe middle position...the signal is SO weak...almost not even there.  I have to have the am cranked to hear it.  Any ideas?  Every looks correct??

dmraco said:
the p rails are in.  they sound FANTASTIC>>>>>especially clean!  Humbucker and rail sound real nice...humbucker is like a duncan JB and the rail is close to classic strat.  

I am not used to the p-90 setting as I have never played one before...It is a warm tone...kinda like a muddy single coil.

I seem to be having an issue with my 3 way.  The bridge and neck PUs work well independantly...but I am having some issues inthe middle position...the signal is SO weak...almost not even there.  I have to have the am cranked to hear it.  Any ideas?  Every looks correct??

dmraco, I dig this Zebra Stat more every time I see it.  She really turned out nice!
There is an LP in the showcase now with similar Zebra grain patterns and I would love to steal your red stain trick to use on it. 
Sadly, I can only afford to have one iron in the fire at a time.  Besides, I  really need [ha,ha] a carved top LP.
Anyway, nice Strat :icon_thumright: :eek:ccasion14: :icon_thumright:

Back