Yowza!

I feel lke the problem with these is the color change is too abrupt. Makes it look weird to me.

GoDrex said:
I feel lke the problem with these is the color change is too abrupt. Makes it look weird to me.

Looks like transitions were masked. If you've ever worked with dye, making futzzed-in transitions between two colors is very tricky and you literally have a few seconds to get it right. Dye won't "melt in" like shooting the colors with nitro toner will.

I have had better luck with the alcohol dyes, "melting" into each other.  But to get it right requires sanding and then melting.  I am starting another test piece today, but this was the last attempt at fire.

Fire_Maple_Test_Piece-01.jpg

I moved to using paper towels with the yellow dye because the alcohol mixes the darker colors into the applicator.  Then it starts to look like a kindergarten watercolor picture.  But we really do not know what the guys at Warmoth are doing or what they are using...
Patrick

Very interesting work - and something I (personally) know little to nothing about. I DO like the middle combo coloring on the Tele body...

Back