You may be a Warmoth addict if.....

m4rk0

Epic Member
Hey guys, just poking some fun at myself... and the rest of you  :icon_biggrin:

- you visit the warmoth page daily and have memorized most if not all possible options and configurations
- when you see antique furniture and you wonder how that wood would look as a guitar top
- you know exaclty whats in the showcase inventory
- you always plan about 5 projects ahead
- you change your mind about the wood and configuration about 10 times before you actually place your orders
- you make several impulse buys before you order your planned project
- you wonder how 'howling mids and growling lows' actually sound and order a wenge neck to find out!
- you can't decide between a new body or an engagement ring
- buying an 'off the shelve' is no longer an option
- you wonder how many guitars you could build for a kidney and a lung:)
- you refer to wood as a sexy piece of ass

and I can think of many more! feel free to complete the list :)
I love this forum!

When is the next meeting ? And who is bring the donuts?

I've done all of them, Now where is my mastercard I have to order a wenge neck :help:

you miss your sons ball game so you can keep an eye on  that spalted maple lp you can't afford. 

you couldn't spell your screen name to save your life. schmoopy  nonsnseeresefsfusidftele,  mar8co,

you blatantly overuse this emoticon  :eek:ccasion14:

you are constantly looking for new ways to rewire that old squire.

you saw the ghost of leo fender in your dream, and sat down to have a picnic with him.

your actually sold a kidney. 

you can name every type of maple and and know of 12 different ways to finish it.

your wife makes you sleep in the dog house but jokes on her you turned that into a guitar amp months ago.

you can wind a pickup on a record player.

your guitar scenes tingles when warmoth gets a new shipment of black korina, speaking of i got to go check the showcase.

Sir Schmoopie said:
you miss your sons ball game so you can keep an eye on  that spalted maple lp you can't afford. 

hahaha I cancelled a meeting last week so I could make a last minute bid on a guitar on ebay!  :icon_biggrin:

you saw the ghost of leo fender in your dream, and sat down to have a picnic with him.
hahaha! I believe we do have a forum member who is buddies with Leo's ghost!

:laughing3: Hilarious!  :laughing11:

You know your're an addict when you spend so much time on the Warmoth website, you just go get a job there to cut down on life's destractions. 

Gregg Stewart said:
:laughing3: Hilarious!  :laughing11:

You know your're an addict when you spend so much time on the Warmoth website, you just go get a job there to cut down on life's destractions. 

im only 16 but i have already though about moving to Washington one day and get a job at warmoth.

im probably fully qualified to work at any guitar store, just none in the area, and i don't have the means to drive 80 miles to Saginaw which by the way has the second highest crime rate in Michigan.

You find yourself at the UPS tracking page out of habit, and then realize you have nothing currently being shipped to you.

And that makes you very, very sad.

:(

Sir Schmoopie said:
your wife makes you sleep in the dog house, but jokes on her, you turned that into a guitar amp months ago.

YES

Now we need to develop a 12-step program

- you visit the warmoth page daily and have memorized most if not all possible options and configurations
- you always plan about 5 projects ahead
Guilty

-you cry a little inside whenever you realize on body/neck you were interested in has been sold
Absolutely guilty

i need help guys, i need a shoulder to cry on.

hi im elliott and im a warmoholic.  i use to think to much is not enough, but now i just want my friends to look at me again.

...if you can tell if there's anything new from the main body or neck page simply by checking the numerical totals for each type....

My big one:
You check the showcase every single day to make sure that certain neck or body doesn't sell until your next pay day.

And I get paid once a month! My body arrives today, and I am stuck obsessively checking on my neck till the third!

When you no longer have a sex drive.      :laughing7:      hahaha just kidding!

guilty as charged on too many of these counts to admit --

but you know you're truly guilty when you can rationalize different wood combinations for tonal variation and you start arranging songs around the concept of a guitar you haven't built yet, all while working on your demo in a home studio, even though your mixes are so damn busy that tone is gonna be hard to make out the nuances, at least when my V3 is cranked (prog rock mixes are very dense).  And yet, still, I'm now considering 2 more projects just as my 1st 2 are getting completed.  Sick. 

sick, sick man.

/mopes

Hi, my name is Thomas, and I see nothing wrong with ordering 3 to 4 guitars per year.  Seriously.  There's nothing wrong with me.

/crickets

Back