Yet another NPD...

mrpinter

My EHX Ripped Speaker fuzz died, so I replaced it with a Walrus Audio Fundamental series fuzz. It was a demo from Sweetwater, but with full box and papers and their full warranty, and I got it for way less than $100. And it's a great fuzz - very high gain, tons of sustain, and liquid single notes. It's part of Walrus' economy line, but I would buy it at twice the cost. Here it is:
walrus audio fundamental fuzz.jpg

Excellent variety of sounds, and it seems hard to dial in a truly unusable setting. Probably the most economical way to get both traditional and gated tones.

The Fundamental line is really interesting, it looks like an answer to the JHS 3 Series. I just watched a demo of the Fundamental Ambient pedal and it sounds to me as nice as something like the Earthquaker Devices Afterneath:

Last edited:
The Fundamental line is really interesting, it looks like an answer to the JHS 3 Series. I just watched a demo of the Fundamental Ambient pedal and it sounds to me as nice as something like the Earthquaker Devices Afterneath:
Agreed, I favor the Walrus stuff over JHS - I've had issues with several JHS pedals. The Mira compressor is great but was originally way overpriced at $279.99. They unloaded the rest of them earlier this year for closer to $100, and even though the ambient/reverb Fundamentals are $130 new, that's not bad since it does cover more ground than the Afterneath and other similar pedals. The controls are also more straightforward - whereas on the Afterneath, they can be somewhat confusing.

My EHX Ripped Speaker fuzz died, so I replaced it with a Walrus Audio Fundamental series fuzz. It was a demo from Sweetwater, but with full box and papers and their full warranty, and I got it for way less than $100. And it's a great fuzz - very high gain, tons of sustain, and liquid single notes. It's part of Walrus' economy line, but I would buy it at twice the cost. Here it is:
View attachment 62154
How to you know the EXH is dead? It could be hibernating.

Back