Yeah Baby, YEAAAH

taez555 said:
Superlizard said:
What concerns me far more that the typical smear campaigning is the fact that they're (or they were) willing to bypass the detainees' guilt to prove the Shrub "wrong".

Huh?  What does any of this have to do with Bush?    If they're guilty they should go to jail, if they're not they get set free(or deported).   What's so wrong about trying them in a court for their crimes?

It's just the typical leftist thing to do when discussions like these come up... at one time, when the Padilla thing was "all the rage", the tfarny argument was typical.  Blame Bush, blame Cheney, the big right-wing conspiracy to take away all your freedoms, yada yada yada.

ADD - there should be a "Bush Law" to coincide with "Godwin's Law".

As far as a speedy trial, I doubt anyone here can argue that even in civil cases, speedy trials aren't few and far between.  The justice system is a slow, lumbering behemoth... typical government, and on all levels.  Fixing that, of course, is an entirely different discussion altogether.

Superlizard said:
dbw said:
Dude I don't want to pay for irresponsible people either, but first of all I DO want society to support children regardless of what the parents do... maybe you're down with children starving in America but whether you like it or not this is a welfare state.  Second of all, you'd pay WAY more to put and keep the parent in jail, plus you'd STILL have to support the kid if you did so.  Apparently you have a philosophical disagreement with the idea of helping children of irresponsible parents... I'm sure you'd feel the same way if your parents had been crackheads...

There's no excuse for not being a productive member of society in these cases.

Along these lines, I was thinking about the Octomom during lunch, and I thought this would be a great solution:

- assuming she's a decent pfarent, let her keep the kids
- since the taxpayers are supporting her and her kids, she could do her part by say, mowing lawns or housecleaning and such in her neighborhood... for free of course.  Or perhaps regular community service.  Fine the doc who did the procedure, and forward that money to the community.  All court-mandated for sure.

I think this would work for any case whereupon someone fooked up and the taxpayers are supporting them - it's definitely fair and square for all.

Which reminds me of an old 70's saying:  "Gas, grass or ass - nobody rides for free".   :icon_biggrin:

The octo mom is fine, she'll get loads of money from a book deal or something.  Which reminds me, the Obamas' tax forms were released today... Barack pulled in about $2.5 million from his books.  Now that's walkin' around money  :eek:  He paid $800K in taxes, which makes me feel a whole lot better about how much I paid.  :help:

You're forgetting one thing.....in order to make a book that sells, you have be able to put together coherent thoughts that other people can understand

Man, I hope this thing finds a buyer!! We would have a filibuster-proof majority in Congress, huge electoral college advantage, pay off the nat. debt, and save heaps of fed. money on border security and disaster relief. I would definitely block buyers with no positive feedback, though!

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Great-State-of-Texas_W0QQitemZ170322454911QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLand?hash=item170322454911&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

If Texas leaves the union. I'm moving there, many people will, texas knows whats going on, and they have the balls and size to do something, someday the new united states will look at texas as the father of the country.

To those of you who dont get it, too bad for you, pull your heads out of your asses and pay attention to whats going on in the world.  You don';t think China has thoughts of world domination? wake up, WE are the only thing stopping them at the moment, you liberal people out there that think we can talk to the bad guys and fix em are gonna be the first ones shot. Texas know's whats going on.  This whole, put them in timeout instead of spanking their ass is gonna kill this country.

As crazy as this sounds, we need another 9-11 to wake this country up to the reality of the world. the first time, too many people blamed us for 9-11, and I mean people in the usa. Here's a newsflash, the rest of the world doesn't care what YOU think, they want us gone. 

God bless Texas, I don't wanna move there , but if they succeed from the union I will, as that will be the new center of the universe, and the start of the new common sense world order. And all you bleeding heart liberals will be enemy number One, Then we will fix the rest of the world in a heavy handed manner.

How about that Black korina in the showcase 

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?Body=2&Shape=1&Paint=1&Path=Body,Stratocaster,Finished&lamTop=11&i=ps3071

I don't think Texas is going anywhere.  Not as things are anyway.  That was the point of his speech.  Things need to change.  Nothing is going to happen as it stands now, but if things keep getting worse, it could. Not likely, but it could.  Texas has a lot of things going that would make it much more realistic than many other states.  Again, I don't think it will or should happen as things are, but if this President keeps intruding into states rights further than they already have and yucking it up with violent dictators that hate the US, something could happen.

Alfang said:
If Texas leaves the union. I'm moving there, many people will, texas knows whats going on, and they have the balls and size to do something, someday the new united states will look at texas as the father of the country.

To those of you who dont get it, too bad for you, pull your heads out of your asses and pay attention to whats going on in the world.  You don';t think China has thoughts of world domination? wake up, WE are the only thing stopping them at the moment, you liberal people out there that think we can talk to the bad guys and fix em are gonna be the first ones shot. Texas know's whats going on.  This whole, put them in timeout instead of spanking their ass is gonna kill this country.

As crazy as this sounds, we need another 9-11 to wake this country up to the reality of the world. the first time, too many people blamed us for 9-11, and I mean people in the usa. Here's a newsflash, the rest of the world doesn't care what YOU think, they want us gone. 

God bless Texas, I don't wanna move there , but if they succeed from the union I will, as that will be the new center of the universe, and the start of the new common sense world order. And all you bleeding heart liberals will be enemy number One, Then we will fix the rest of the world in a heavy handed manner.

How about that Black korina in the showcase 

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?Body=2&Shape=1&Paint=1&Path=Body,Stratocaster,Finished&lamTop=11&i=ps3071

Back