Where to buy used Warmoth and other bodies & necks?

joelavely

I'm surprised there isn't much traffic on the buy & sell board here.  I frequent the Gear Page, and there are occasionally items for sale there.  Ebay looks like the best place, unfortunately.  Are there other places you all have found with good traffic on the buy & sell pages for bodies & necks?  It would seem to me that this would be a pretty active community!

Lavely

3ph8eo.jpg

Selling our babies?  ??? :icon_scratch:

Part of the joy of using Warmoth parts is that you get a very high quality example of exactly what you want, so why would you sell it? Between that and the fact that you'll lose your ass, people usually don't flip the stuff - there's no money in it. eBay is your best bet, but even there pickin's are slim.

People sell instruments for two basic reasons: they're not happy with what they have and/or are looking to improve their lot or they're in dire straits. The first case doesn't usually happen with custom gear, for obvious reasons. The second case can happen to anyone. Luxury items always go first.

I find myself wanting to sell my builds now and then. As I've heard it said before, "I don't want to have all the toys in the world, I just want to've played with'm all." lol! (-Check out the lyrics to this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb6pQcXJ9VQ, -you'll get where I'm coming from!)

Once I've had my fun and it is time for something to move on, I cut my losses and chalk it up to entertainment costs. My stuff usually parts with me by way of a friend or acquaintance, not on CL, and not for a whole lot of (if any) money. -Never thought I'd get to retire on selling a guitar, but the fun of giving a fellow musician a great deal on something they'll probably never get rid of is, in a lot of ways, better than $$$ in the bank!

Day-mun said:
...but the fun of giving a fellow musician a great deal on something they'll probably never get rid of is, in a lot of ways, better than $$$ in the bank!
:icon_thumright:

-Thanks, brother! -Figured I'd better offer some sort of explanation as to why my pics on the Warmoth family portraits thread are so sparse!  It's not that I have a small collection, it's just that my "babies" grow up and move away from home pretty quickly! :laughing7:

Day-mun said:
Once I've had my fun and it is time for something to move on, I cut my losses and chalk it up to entertainment costs. My stuff usually parts with me by way of a friend or acquaintance, not on CL, and not for a whole lot of (if any) money. -Never thought I'd get to retire on selling a guitar, but the fun of giving a fellow musician a great deal on something they'll probably never get rid of is, in a lot of ways, better than $$$ in the bank!

That's me. I've sold three of mine in the last two months to friends at "friend" prices. They were happy to get them, and I was happy to make room in the rack for more. I can only play one at a time, and I have way too many. Started to feel a bit gluttonous.

Can't make any money on the things, but you can make smiles.

I think of my Warmoths as tools. I don't build what I won't use, even though I'd love to build a Mooncaster, a VIP, a V, a Soloist or two and a Musiclander or Mustang. I just don't need them.

It's funny, but I'm more likely to tear one that I'm not using apart, salvage the parts that I want and re-build into something else. My 8 Ball is an example of that. I've actually done that with several other guitars too.

I've had several people want to buy one of my guitars after playing one and my answer is always the same. "No, but I'd be happy to build you one." I've got three friends in the process of collecting parts for various guitars now. Spread the love, right?
:laughing7:

MikeW said:
I think of my Warmoths as tools. I don't build what I won't use...

It's funny, but I'm more likely to tear one that I'm not using apart, salvage the parts that I want and re-build into something else.

I am exactly the same way. My main guitar "Mark II" is just my old favorite torn apart and rebuilt with a new body and neck.

Interesting direction this thread took. I too have a couple that I never play. New bodies/necks on order for them, and the hardware will be recycled. The old bodies and necks will get sold off, and will probably take a beating on them, but sometimes that is what this is about.  :icon_thumright:

Doc! -You mean you don't caress all of these sweeties every time you hunker down in the man-cave for a jam?! -That's just criminal!  :toothy12:

Warmoths_zpsrqtlr2hv.jpg

Seriously, though, I think I'd be pretty hard-pressed to get my hands on every one of 'em in a sitting, -and this is only about half of your harem... what a terribly wonderful problem to have!  :eek:ccasion14:

If I were you, I wouldn't change a single one of 'em. -Wait. -What? -Of course I'm kidding; I'd have 'em apart and spread out all over the floor like a pile of LEGO pieces, driving myself batty trying every possible combo I could!  :laughing7:

joelavely said:
I'm surprised there isn't much traffic on the buy & sell board here.  I frequent the Gear Page, and there are occasionally items for sale there...

The active members here cannot match the millions of TGP members. If you refresh the ads pages on TGP every ten seconds you will see a new ad... Also, parts in general don't have resale value because they don't have a famous logo or collectability, sad but true. I would check ebay, reverb and TGP but the companys showcase has more than the three of them combined. Finally, don't expect to get a Warmoth product for cheap, there's a reason their products cost more than most of the others and that's quality.

Back