When you are back again ...

wolbai

... Actually I am a cover rock musician without a band. That leaves plenty of time to do some own songs  :icon_biggrin:

This new one took quite a bit of time and some blood, sweat and tears (my video software is killing me  :icon_scratch:

During the recording I had to be extremely careful to avoid unwanted string noise. Not really easy when playing slow and mellow songs.
Put some thoughts in a good melody line and a varying story board with a climax. Not that easy (for me) ...

To force oneself just to play few expressive notes combined with some controlled fast runs is an art by itself to me ...

At some positions I was torn between a triplet and a 1/8 note vibrato. It turned out that for the initial parts a 1/8 note vibrato sounds more suitable to me. 

I recorded the leadline in three parts. The last part is more and more improvised. So you may hear some wrong notes if you carefully listen  :icon_biggrin:

At 3:09 - 3:12 you can hear few notes which just came into my mind. Probably the best 3 seconds for me  :icon_biggrin:
Having a few improvisations parts are always exiciting. Sometimes they show up licks which I could never design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51UFy2qBopA

EDIT:
I have remixed the second Rhythm guitar track in the chorus part. This guitar track was a bit too much cannibalizing the main leadpart. This is the new link to the vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-QQxRHd64w

Looking forward to your feedback - wolbai.

Hi Logrinn,

thanks for your well-meaning feedback  :icon_thumright:

Being self-critical:
The second guitar (left panned at around 25%) starting with the second part is a bit too close (tonal and playing wise) to the main guitar leadpart. Initially I wanted a Rhythm part guitar which supports some harmony notes. But I think it was a bit too much in the direction to a second "leadpart guitar". That seems to cannibalize somehow the main leadpart a bit.

What I more and more discover by the way: writing an own 5 minute diversed song is a different league than to noodle a guitar solo over 3 chords for five minutes. It seems to me that I opened another musical door to another wide room  :sign13: 

EDIT:
I later have changed the mix of the second guitar track: 100% left panned, reduced volume and a fade out in the third chorus where this guitar track have moved too much into to guitar leads (see initial post).

wolbai

Hi Frank,

if the notes around 2:07 are yours, I've done something right and I am fine with  :icon_thumright:

I am not a real fast player. But what I have learned is how to "orchestrate" fast runs within a guitar solo or a song.
Less is more - at least that is my approach as a guitar player (and more and more as a song writer).

wolbai

That was me.

Indeed. Knowing what to leave out is the hallmark of the great ones. You've placed just enough seasoning in the mix to let people know the chef is holding back and could sprinkle the whoop-ass when called upon. I diggit.

Back