What's the deal with this website?

CrackedPepper

I was searching the web trying to find out what pickups Ace Frehley used/uses in his LPs (not the guitars that Gibson/Epiphone slapped his name on).  I came across this site.  Are the guitars on this site counterfeits?  Prices are awfully inexpensive...

Do you have any experience with these Mayfly?? The way I understand it is these are made to the epiphone specs and with the tooling and what not just with a gibby shaped headstock. There a bunch of reviews out there saying these are good guitars. I've been thinking of getting a Slash model, and since Mayfly had an opinion I was hoping there was something to back it up.

Yeah these "Gibsun" guitars have showed up here quite a few times. I havent seen any reviews though

Isn't there a place in china call usa(oo-sah) Guitars are made there so they can put that on their guitars.

They don't have trademark laws in China, they don't care. 

I read some customer feedback, what little is out there from tradetang and it seems in many cases you see one pic of a guitar and get something totally diferent, and not of good quality

You guys are crazy, this seems totally seems legit. Besides, their "guitar are come with a foam box" that is "easy to carry and safety enough for guitar". Sounds like a deal to me.   :toothy12:

Velcro said:
Isn't there a place in china call usa(oo-sah) Guitars are made there so they can put that on their guitars.
Nope
http://www.snopes.com/business/genius/usa.asp

Back