Warmoth in the Wild! Check out this rare Warmoth bird....

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
So....last week while on vaca in Key West, FL, I happened across this rockabilly/swing band that was absolutely killing it. While watching I realized the guitar player was rocking a guitar made from Warmoth parts....but one like I had never seen before. It had a double-bound Warmoth Musiclander body with no contours front or back, and to my knowledge it's the only one we've ever made. It also had a Lollar Pickups Charlie Christian pickup and a bunch of weird switching. It was so unusual that I had to grab some pics and share! The guitarist's name is Izzy Zaidman, and he is the real deal! Super nice guy too! Check out his great original music at https://izzyzaidman.com/.

On another note: Before I moved to GA everyone told me how humid it was here, but Key West and Miami are in a whole 'nother realm. Good grief...FL is so freaking humid and sticky I don't know how anybody can play guitar there.

Also, on another other note: peep the beat up Roland Cube. That was it for amplification, and it sounded freaking fantastic.

izz3.jpg

izz2.jpg

izz4.jpg

izz1.jpg

I dream of having the charisma to convince Warmoth to make something like that. I can't even work up the nerve to ask if I could get a body with two colors on the competition stripes! (Much love to the paint department, I know they're all backlogged to oblivion)

Oh my god, he has Josh Leo white overalls on. Why does that not surprise me in Key West?

Ya, the island reminded me of the Fremont area of Seattle. Bohemian hippie vibe, and they like it that way.

Plus, daytime high: 87. Nighttime low: 85. Humidity: if you have to ask you can't afford it.

Josh Leo is a friend of friends of mine, and a very successful producer, songwriter, and guitarist in Nashville (even was a VP of A&R at RCA). He is very nice, fun, and (like most good writers) can spin some great yarns.

But in the '80s, while producing #1 albums, he was also the lead guitarist in the Coral Reefer Band — during a time when Jimmy Buffett's career was between his "legitimate" country music career in the '70s and becoming a lifestyle brand for in the '90s. Leo is easy to spot in a 1985 concert film in his white overalls (and no shirt). This got him immortalized on South Park (presumably, they used the concert VHS for reference) ...
vUGrNMg.png

He embraces being shown as shirtless and barefoot on South Park, so I assume he already knows he is a Key West fashion influencer.

Last edited:
Where can I order white overalls?

Though I must say I dig the guitar as it is something quite different. Any idea what the various switches do?

Was those pics taken at Blue Heaven, by any chance? The stage looks familiar. LOVE Key West.

Bill, tgo

Where can I order white overalls?

Though I must say I dig the guitar as it is something quite different. Any idea what the various switches do?
Dickies white bib overalls are available on Amazon, but I'm not sure whether they are available in Europe. But it's worth a try! Only USD$44 stateside!

On another note: Before I moved to GA everyone told me how humid it was here, but Key West and Miami are in a whole 'nother realm. Good grief...FL is so freaking humid and sticky I don't know how anybody can play guitar there.
My ex-sister-in-law, upon returning to California from a visit to Disney World in Orlando, remarked that "Florida smells like a wet dog." This has not been my experience of Florida, but I was in Tampa, not inland. But the humidity was a hell of a thing, for sure. Yikes.

I found that in FLA, around Tampa to Sarasota, from May 15 to Oct 15, it's pretty sticky. Rest of the time, it's pretty nice.

Also, I get my overalls at the tractor supply. No kidding, there really is a place called tractor supply, but they aren't in the big cities. Oh yeah, they have white painter overalls. I bet there're a bunch of stores like that in Georgia.

Last edited:
Dickies white bib overalls are available on Amazon, but I'm not sure whether they are available in Europe. But it's worth a try! Only USD$44 stateside!

Thanks. They are available, people use them for painting in, for example. But I was not being serious about them as a new look for me.

Last edited:
Also, I get my overalls at the tractor supply. No kidding, there really is a place called tractor supply, but they aren't in the big cities. Oh yeah, they have white painter overalls. I bet there're a bunch of stores like that in Georgia.

The town I live in has a population of just 15k, and there are three of them.

Also, two Waffle Houses.

FEMA uses the "Waffle House Index" to judge the threat level of hurricanes based on the number of Waffle Houses that close vs. remain open during the storm.

Bill, tgo

Weirdly, Las Vegas has two Tractor Supply stores - but I guess maybe not that weirdly, since there's a lot of ranching and horse culture here when you get away from the main industries of tourism and supporting segments. I went to my nearest Tractor Supply last weekend to get extra-large food and water dishes for Ziggy the Rescue Behemoth, er, Dog. $8 bucks for a 9-qt stainless steel dish vs. $27 at PetSmart? Yeah, I'll drive the extra ten minutes.

I neglected to check out the white bib overalls, though. Maybe next time.

Thinking about waffle house ... Love breakfast down south, at least in Birmingham, that's AL. Bisquit, with a poached egg on top, side of grits with a sausage patty on top, slathered in white sausage gravey. Plenty of salt and pepper. Mmmh ... that'll give you a heartattack.

My ex-sister-in-law, upon returning to California from a visit to Disney World in Orlando, remarked that "Florida smells like a wet dog." This has not been my experience of Florida, but I was in Tampa, not inland. But the humidity was a hell of a thing, for sure. Yikes.
I work in this area. No wet dog smell anywhere. Probably her clothes? Or even worse, her sweaty odor?

I found that in FLA, around Tampa to Sarasota, from May 15 to Oct 15, it's pretty sticky. Rest of the time, it's pretty nice.
My neck of the woods......
I agree
The town I live in has a population of just 15k, and there are three of them.

Also, two Waffle Houses.
Welcome to the south........here's yer waffle house.

Back