What was your first electric guitar?

Mine was a Silvertone H1429L hollow body, exactly like this one..
Silvertone.jpg

Watershed said:
Not sure what Martin was thinking...

They were thinking ; " Lets make a ton of money selling cheap shit crap that bears little or no resemblance to our proud heritage just  playing  off our illustrious name".;
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Martin-DX1-Dreadnought-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=514814

"And with the unique bracing pattern you get the same hallmark tone and projection as much more expensive models"... PUH-LEEEEEEEASEE! :doh:
( then what is  the reason for buying a "much more expensive " model??)

The tone on those old el cheapo boxes is golden.  I had an old Harmony that had fantastic old tone. For straight up old school blues they will really do the trick. They are great guitars to collect for the old school Blues revival.Unfortunately they play like dogshite, and for anything from Chuck Berry onward its gonna be hard sailing. Forget about modern style Jimmy Vaughn blues. They can't hack it.

bbl4ck said:
DangerousR6 said:
Mine was a Silvertone H1429L hollow body, exactly like this one..

That's kinda cool...  How did it sound?  :icon_scratch:
It sounded about like it looks, the amplifier I had was something I'd never heard of before. It was called a St. George, kinda looked like a black face Fender 1x10.. I didn't play that guitar much, only had it for about 6 mos. I traded it and $135 and bought a used  '76 Les Paul Custom in 1982.

Back