What was your first electric guitar?

My first was a Tiesco Del Ray with a single pickup in the neck position.  Believe it or not, I still have it and have recently taken it apart to see about getting it back in playable condition.

NICE! I Finnaly found some pictures of my first 2 guitars..
I bought the second one just for the purpose of smashing it for a "big" gig.. the owners of the stage told my I couldn't though :(

Nederland2007811.jpg

Nederland2007813.jpg

stormbringer said:
Ibanez Destroyer II

That was what I REALLY wanted as my first electric!

I ended up with an Ibanez Roadstar RS530 instead ... several people (successfully) convinced me that having 24 frets and the locking Pro Rock'R trem would be a good idea.  The trem was a POS ... so it got replaced with a Schaller Floyd.  Sold it about 15 years ago ... and am currently "replacing" it with an RS440 that I am refinishing, and putting a Warmoth neck on.

Peavey Tracer!
Soloist style body, Bridge Hum, Neck Single. Black body with red, white and blue splatter paint! All maple neck with black Jackson style headstock. I covered it in stickers and even cut out little flames to go on the fretboard!

Of course I still have it, but it's taken apart. BTW, MUCH love for the Rage 158! At the time I thought it was the best practice amp in the world.
Actually I got a Blazer 158 and hooked 'em together to make a 'stack'

oh, to be young again... :party07:

An 82' Fender Jap Strat - Black w/ white pickguard, maple neck and rosewood fingerboard.
I still have it, but I replaced the pick-ups with a gray pearl loaded pick guard with Custom Shop Texas Specials.
She is still a rockin' little guitar.  Been thinking about putting a Warmoth neck on it, but not sure if I should sink that much money into it when the cash could go toward building a new black strat.  :icon_scratch:
:rock-on:

My dad's a guitar player and there've always been guitars everywhere so i got lucky there.

when i started playing he let me play some of his lower end stuff, a yamaha, a messed up mexican tele. he said i couldn't play his better guitars until a got good enough. lol i guess the motivation worked.

I saved my money and bought a highway one strat 6 months later. then my martin acoustic, a prs se soapbar 2 years later, then built my first warmoth in may.

My first was an early 80's Dixon DE50.  It was a cheap plywood strat copy with a neck like an old baseball bat.  At the time it was the greatest thing in the world.

I started out with a nylon acoustic guitar for children, probably $30 or something... And then I got my first electric, a Samick Strat-model of some kind! The sucker ate strings and had sharp edges all around, didn't stay in tune and was generally horrible. I still loved it. And I was the happiest man alive when I got my Mexican Strat some years later when I was 16... 3 years later I bought my trusty 50th aniversary american deluxe strat and a Seagull S6-Cedar acoustic guitar. I'm currently waiting for my first warmoth VIP. :hello2:

ibanez GAX70

show_image.php

it was awful, but i'm absolutely sure if i had started with anything less nice i wouldn't be playing now. i convinced a friend of mine to start learning when i did, and he probably played his squire POS about 3 times. i don't know how anybody starting with one of those keeps playing  :icon_biggrin:  but my first guitar cemented my love for ibanez

CMI E-200. And in exactly this color, too. This was my only guitar for about 3 years (well, one just like this one, better condition though).

1.jpg

this piece of crap http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-SGSpecial-Electric-Guitar?sku=517239 in red, got rid of that before long and got

this one http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar?sku=512585 which is okay....

then a 50th anniversary stratocaster that i got used, great guitar, i recently modded it to look like Gilmour's  :headbang:

and now my Warmoth.  :headbang1:  only been playing for 2 years and I've already had 4 guitars, that's a start.

THIS was the first electric guitar I played and had possession of, a Jansen Invader:
http://collections.tepapa.govt.nz/ObjectDetails.aspx?oid=528905&coltype=History&regno=GH009284/1

24.75" scale, Jaguar style switching instead of a Strat blade switch, a Jaguar style tremelo too.

The Jansen was owned by my elder brother in law, who treid to play in surf bands through the early 60s in Australia. In the early 70s, when I started up playing, he loaned it to me for as long as I wanted it. Strat shaped, and because of the smaller scale and great neck profile, it was great to play. Gave it back to him ages ago.

The next guitar I got was actually the first guitar I owned: a Yamaha SG3C electric. It's briefly shown on this You Tube vid. (About 00:58 in if you don;t want to watch the whole vid) A dog of a guitar, it was basically the only guitar I could afford at the time. had it for about 10 years, modded it repeatedly. First replacements were the pickups, and I lucked it out with the repairer (who knew my Dad - Dad organsied the repairs for me, I had no idea in those days & neither did he!) who installed a genuine L Series Tele Bridge pickup in the bridge (that later became the inspiration for me building a Tele Warmoth and being here) and a Guild Humbucker (low powered Jazz model) in the neck position. Still have both of these pickups, and the neck of that Yammy as a momento, but guitar is long gone.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fgwRycQ46E[/youtube]

Sears - - - Less than $100.00 for sure. My younger brother holding it.

First_Guitar.jpg

Now this was my second one ( a picture of the exact same model ... a National - "Town and Country" )
1954_Academy_Town-Country.jpg

It was pretty sweet. I learned a lot of Zepplin, Clapton and Beck stuff on that one.

Candy red Ibanez Gio, soloist body style.  I still play it sometimes.  I hot rodded it, it's actually not too bad. 

A Martin Stinger.
It was a plywood strat copy.
Not sure what Martin was thinking...

Back