What tuner hole size for these bad boys?

stratamania said:
Deep Purple in Rock said:
stratamania said:
So what if you didn't take the 50/50 side dot?
Would the side dot be placed on the fretboard or below the fretboard instead of on the seam between the board and neck shaft?

The 50/50 side dot places it lower than the alternative which is the centre of the fingerboard which is higher of course.

I suppose one wild option would be no side dots and drill for them and fit them yourself - though this is not always an option depending on where one sources a neck from. Or just go for a slightly shallower scallop.

So I should go 50/50 on a maple neck maple fretboard to come as close to the FCS malmsteen signature as I can.

Of the options discussed that would be the closest. Interestingly the early Malmsteen sigs had much shallower scallops than in more recent years.

You are like a living encyclopedia when it comes to Strats.
Thanks a lot for your help.

I will say this.  I ordered my W neck (rosewood/rosewood) with the instructions to place the side dots as if it was scalloped (which it wasn’t). I then shipped it to the link I posted and the did the scallops ala YJM from fret 5 up.

No issues

stratamania said:
stratamania said:
So what if you didn't take the 50/50 side dot?
Would the side dot be placed on the fretboard or below the fretboard instead of on the seam between the board and neck shaft?

The 50/50 side dot places it lower than the alternative which is the centre of the fingerboard which is higher of course.

I suppose one wild option would be no side dots and drill for them and fit them yourself - though this is not always an option depending on where one sources a neck from. Or just go for a slightly shallower scallop.

So I should go 50/50 on a maple neck maple fretboard to come as close to the FCS malmsteen signature as I can.

Of the options discussed that would be the closest. Interestingly the early Malmsteen sigs had much shallower scallops than in more recent years.

You are like a living encyclopedia when it comes to Strats.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Thanks...

Back