What single coil for HSH?

ColeR91

Very new to this forum & kind of spit balling here, I'm looking to make a guitar with a HSH configuration, I'm thinking of putting a SD PA-TB1 Parallel Axis Trembucker in the neck position & a SD PA-TB2 Parallel Axis Distortion Trembucker in the bridge position, but I can't decide on what single to put between them, I'm looking for a modern tone with versatility that will primarily will be used for rock & metal. I also would not mind opinions on that humbucker selection. It will be used in a mahogany strat body w/maple neck & ebony fingerboard, if curious.

You will need a powerfull singlecoil to make it work well.
I'd reccomend the Seymour Duncan SSL3/SSL3T if you want a distinct single coil sound.

I'm curious if a Parallel Axis Stack PA-STK1n might work in this situation? Unfortunately I am not at all knowledgeable with these things.

'Depends on what wiring scheme you use. If you use the "Split-5" scheme, you should go with a RWRP single-coil. If you use standard 5-way switch wiring, I highly recommend a Dimarzio Area-67, which will give you plenty of "quack" in the #2 and #4 positions.

Back