What pickups to match with DiMarzio Super 3

DK Sears

Hi, I am new to the forum.

I am working on my second build project.

It is a mahogany Soloist body with a koa top that I bought from the showcase.
I have a mahogany and ebony neck on order.

It will have a Floyd Rose tremolo and a DiMarzio Super 3 bridge pickup.

The body is routed for three humbuckers and I am looking for suggestions to match up to the bridge pickup.

Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestions.  I had discounted the PAF Pro thinking it would be more of a bridge pickup, but I like the idea of it with the more treble response since the neck I have on order is a 24.75 conversion neck.  I do like the sound bites I have heard of the Air Norton and Liquifire for the neck position, too.

What would be a good pickup for the middle?  A PAF?

DK Sears said:
Thanks for the suggestions.  I had discounted the PAF Pro thinking it would be more of a bridge pickup, but I like the idea of it with the more treble response since the neck I have on order is a 24.75 conversion neck.  I do like the sound bites I have heard of the Air Norton and Liquifire for the neck position, too.

What would be a good pickup for the middle?  A PAF?

I have an Air Norton in the neck position of one of my guitars, and it's great, but my bridge pickup is not all that hot. I suggested a hotter neck pickup because the Super-3 is pretty hot, and would provide a better balance of volume when switching from one to the other.

Good thought.  I am definitely leaning toward the PAF Pro, now.  I think it should balance well with the Super 3 in volume.  I think I'll try the Air Norton in the middle.

Thanks for the suggestions.

PAF Pro is an amazing pickup in either bridge or neck position. Complex PAF tone. :guitarplayer2:

Back