What picks are y'all using?

That's cool, but why even go to that unnecessary trouble? I've never understood why, in the 21st century, people are drilling holes in guitar picks, sanding, etching, gluing sandpaper, etc. for a better grip on slippery materials when they could just use a non-slippery material such as that of the "Gator Grip" picks. It kind'a defies logic.
:unsure:
^^^Yes, Delrin by itself is slick, but as I noted above, the logos and artwork on mine are laser etched into the pick and provide enough texture to mitigate - if not eliminate - the slipping.

Apologies for the bad photo, but I found it easier to use Photo Booth quick since I'm on a computer.

A friend who works at Martin Guitar sent me two of these over the pandemic, as part of having fun corresponding through mail and sending friends stuff etc. I believe they are ebony, but I'm not sure. He beveled the edges really well so they glide through the strings. It's nice to play but stiffer and thicker than I prefer on a regular basis. If anyone is interested in these, I can ask him if he is open to sales/commissions.Ebony pick.jpg

I hear what you're saying, @Strat Avenger. It IS nice to have a pick that doesn't need grip options to stay secure in the finger when playing. I've found acrylic to be good in that regard - it's counterintuitive because it looks so slick, but it has a natural "tacky-ness" that increases as the pick warms up in the hand when playing. Kirinite, which is a hardened acrylic, is like that too. Casein and Peek Plastic also seem to have some of this property.

My wife gave me these wooden picks came in a wooden box, 1 padouk, 1 Rosewood and unsure of the light wood. I just bought a 40 pack of the blue one, and lastly is the little red one that I have used since the 70s or 80s. The red one is my goto.

Attachments

• 20240329_185008.jpg
    20240329_185008.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 3
Back