What new Warmoth website and new options for bodys?

NonsenseTele said:
dbw said:
Hey W, since when do lefties wear their wedding rings on their right hands?

leftandright.jpg

It's fiancee rings, don't you know? first on right hand, than marry and goes to the left  :icon_jokercolor:

The lefties are less likely to succesfully make the transition fom  engaged to married ??  :evil4:

ByteFrenzy said:
The lefties are less likely to succesfully make the transition fom  engaged to married ??  :evil4:

I was trying to be nice, but hey, which girl likes weirdos?  :toothy12:

(just kidding, just kidding... I know I'm a weirdo too  :laughing7:)

Is Orpheo saying the prices on maple/mahogany LPs are going up by $500?  So around $1500 for one now?  That's nuts.  I'm bargaining hard to get an order in tonight.  I think I may have a preliminary agreement set with the wife.

Not sure about the LP's

I was planning another Korina VIP with Rosewood Neck, and that went up by 350
250 on the carved top
and 100 on the Rosewood.
I think that are the 2 main things that increased, solid Rosewood Necks and Carved Tops.

Yeah. +150 bucks or so for rosewood necks.

I still wasn't sure about a solid rosewood neck, but I ordered one today. I figured it's probably my last chance to get one at a reasonable price.  :tard:

Just want to interject that Warmoth's other option, aside from raising prices, could be to go out of business.  Hmmm....pay a little more for quality parts, or not be able to obtain quality parts?  A business has to make money.  That is kind of the point.  

I totally understand needing to raise prices, and most of the increases are pretty reasonable.

But that doesn't mean that I WANT to pay the extra cash.

I have to agree.... I admit that I initially was a bit grumpy about the increase, but maybe I was more pissed off about the fact that I am broke at the moment ;)
after all, there is no other competitor that offers all the options warmoth does.. (although one of them recently lowered their prices.. but they have a bad reputation:))

also, Gregg announced a price increase early last year, so lucky for me they took a while implementing it.

rounce55 said:
THE PRICE CHANGES ARE RIDICULOUS i will never afford a warmoth now
The new price structure is well thought out, long overdue and as others have correctly concluded, neccessary for business survival. What is amazing is how most of the pricing has remained very reasonable so that most people can find something custom within their price range. We've tried very hard to preserve the great pricing and maintain the high quality that people have come to expect of Warmoth.

So, was there a certain reason carved top LPs have gone up 60% in price? Are they that labor intensive, or is the wood the problem?

Max said:
So, was there a certain reason carved top LPs have gone up 60% in price? Are they that labor intensive, or is the wood the problem?

Carved tops are more labor intensive.  Frankly, they've been a bit underpriced for the materials and time involved.

I hope folks will understand it has been many years since Warmoth raised prices and prices are still LESS than they were a decade ago.  Many other instrument manufacturers raise prices on an annual basis.  That is not the case here.

I think people understand that, but it's hard for people to square buying a copy when finishing said copy is going to cost as much or more than its inspiration.

Lucky #007 said:
I think people understand that, but it's hard for people to square buying a copy when finishing said copy is going to cost as much or more than its inspiration.
When people realize that said copy is an upgrade, then the price becomes a bargain.

It is in reality.  I'm very happy with the two I have, even though one is still parts and I'm sure I'll be happy with the order I put in tonight.  That said, guitars have become somewhat of an investment.  Given that that has happened, when you don't have a prayer of gaining any return on that or even breaking even, I think people get worried.  I don't think I could justify paying the new prices if they are what is being said.  Some people might, but I'm out at that price.

Lucky #007 said:
It is in reality.  I'm very happy with the two I have, even though one is still parts and I'm sure I'll be happy with the order I put in tonight.  That said, guitars have become somewhat of an investment.  Given that that has happened, when you don't have a prayer of gaining any return on that or even breaking even, I think people get worried.  I don't think I could justify paying the new prices if they are what is being said.  Some people might, but I'm out at that price.
Do what I do; go out and play paying gigs and you're tools (guitars) make you money and also become a tax write off. I would be worse off financially by not buying them.  :laughing7:

Maybe when my kiddos get closer to your sons age.  Gigging doesn't go over so well with a tired wife watching two infants at home.  :glasses9:

I'm not sure I'm good enough to get paid for my playing anyways.  Now, if I can sing and still write off guitars then I'm all set.

Back