What is the meaning of your Screen name ?

following that formula, I would be cmg72443 :icon_thumright:

Mine is pretty simple. I play a 1953 Hammond B2 (upgraded to B3), and I am a dude. hence, B3Guy. And yes, that profile pic is me playing the beast (Also, it was one of two pics on my highschool graduation invite. The other was of my '53 Bel-Air)

I used to own a bunch of sustainer-equipped guitars. I'm down to one in that department - so the name still applies.  :glasses9:

When I was little I said Jommit when people asked my name. I guess it was easier than Joakim  :)

I'm Australian :ie, Aussie or Ozzie, and my name is Peter, most people call me Pete. :tard:

My son came up with this name somehow outta the blue about 10-12 years ago when he was playing command and conquer, when he moved on to world of warcraft I started playen the game under his original Alfang name, and so it stuck and I use it for all my online chats, games logins whatever.  No it's not on any bank accounts so give that idea up now.

People always ask if I'm from afghanastan.......

Very dull: K is my first initial, the rest is my last name. I've used it for over 12 years now and always get annoyed when I find it taken.

I used to have a neighbor that would modify words describing his everyday observations.  We had another neighbor that was notoriously messy.  He was a "Turbo Slob."  The newscaster was a "Boner Face Deluxe."  He also thought it funny that products could be a new and improved piece of crap by just adding the word "Custom" or "Deluxe" to it.  I just thought it was funny and have an affinity for the superfluous, plus it's kind of tie into what we English speakers get a kick out of when Japanese is translated to English and some of the stuff just doesn't have a direct translation like, "Much Super Happy Lucky Time Fun Hour" or something to that effect.

kboman said:
Very dull: K is my first initial, the rest is my last name. I've used it for over 12 years now and always get annoyed when I find it taken.

Exact same story here.  First name is Chris.  Many times I also find "crash" already taken  on other message boards.

I started using this name back when I was still active in software development and was involved in all sorts of nerdy online discussion groups where you absolutely could not go under your real name. So I thought of all these bits and bytes that frantically run up and down the pathways of the internet every time you or I hit the 'enter' key. Bits and bytes in a frenzy.

The story behind my name begins with a hike in the Swiss woods in 1948. Inventor George de Mestral noticed that he and his dog were coated with cockleburr seed casings. Under a microscope, de Mestral discovered that the seed casings contained numerous tips with hook-shaped ends. It was these natural hooks which clung so stubbornly to the loose weave of his pants and the dog's fur. George de Mestral believed that a fastening device made from a similar hook and loop design could rival the metal zipper in popularity and versatility.

After several attempts to create a suitable prototype, de Mestral and a French fabric designer finally discovered a way to use nylon fibers under an infrared lamp to create the necessary hooks. Matted nylon fibers would also form the field of loops needed to complete the adhesive process. The name velcro was formed from the French words VELour(velvet) and CROchet(hook). De Mestral officially formed the Velcro company in Switzerland in the early 1950s and received patents from virtually every industrialized country in the world.

Most people assume "Jack the Hack" has something to do with the fact that I've spent the last 25 years in the computer/networking/telecommunications field, but I actually got the nickname from driving a taxi whilst working my way through college. ("Hack" is New York slang for cab driver)

The nickname on your high school is the one you most hate to be called... I was joking a friend a lot someday and was the year Teletubbies just went on the TV in Brazil (and the chat about the purple one being gay...)

So, after like hours of myself pissing him he shout "freak you teletubbie" and I *REALLY* disliked it... Therefore I've been called of it in the last 10 years from all people that met me on HS... In the end of HS there was a brazilian TV show where the guy was called "Joselito - the nonsense"... I'm also a bit nonsense and the day after it started on TV, everybody was calling me "Joselito" or "Nonsense"...

After years I decide to assume the nickname... + it matches the idea of my telecaster (a very non traditional tele) and I thought it would match here...

I'm also called Pooh, but this one became less usuall after tele...

Back