What is the meaning of your Screen name ?

AGWAN said:
Yamaha and BMW are the only bikes that catch my fancy.
+1 for  Bimmers. my dad has a '74 900. It is awesome. (Oh, and a 2001 540iL which is awesomer.)

me, I have all tha parts to a '53 bel air, but that doesn't matter, because my university won't let me have a car on campus anyway.

Mine's simple. On most forums, I go by KGWagner, which is just my initials and surname. Some years back, somebody started calling me Cagey (for KG), then others started using it to refer to me, so it stuck.

Well.... TAEZ555 was the original screen name I had when I first signed up for AOL in the mid 90's when the internet was still new and fresh. :)

It stood for "The Amazing Erik Z", the name I was calling my 18yo, completely full of myself, musical persona at the time.... with the 555 being my favorite guitar at the time, my Ibanez Jem 555

So.... TAEZ

This is the cover of one of my albums I recorded while still in High School.  You may notice "The Amazing Erik Z" part... :)
tasteslikechicken150.jpg

If you're interested you can actually hear most of it at my website.
and it's available for download at Amazon.com (insert gratuitous self promotion here) ;-) :evil4:  Makes a great Christmas gift for the kids and extended family.     :icon_biggrin:

+ my Ibanez Jem555

ibanezjem.jpg

= TAEZ555

and... just to screw you up... as of today I'm changing my username to my real name, which is Erik Z.   Although I love the ol' TAEZ thing, "The Amazing" part is a little over the top.  :)  Plus, I really don't play my Ibanez anymore.  I've got my Warmoth. :)

So... Norwegians are from Norway? I always thought they just came from the better suburbs... Y'know, where they keep things clean and have a good, solid work ethic, a sense of duty to God, family, country and everything? Shows what I know. So... where is this "Norway"? I might want to move. Do I have to apply? Is there someplace I have to sign? <grin>

For what its worth I have NO sense of Duty to God or Country (and by that I mean Government) I do feel a great sense of duty to humanity, though.

I quite literally am working on leaving this country, forever.

I kid. I wouldn't live anywhere but the US on a bad bet. There's no question it has the worst government in the world, except for all the other ones. I might be tempted to move to Mexico since it's almost free to live there, but only because I'm easily corruptible, so I'd fit right in. Plus, I know how to read, so I'd be ahead of 99% of the population. Talk about ruling in hell rather than serving in heaven! <grin>

I'm actually trying to become Australian.

whats frustrating is defending a country you're from, from people in the country you're moving to.

I don't spout old jokes to describe our government. I rather like the system of  Government America has, what I don't like is the faceless Monsters shaping our world into an ever more ignorant and fearful place through the power of mass media.

we live in an age where communication has become incredibly easy, and content is shared instantly and freely.

and those with power (many aren't even IN government) want to use it to make you think Glenn beck and Nancy Grace are voices of reason.

they're terrorists. and they aren't even spreading terror because they feel god told them to. their spreading Terror because it pads their pockets.

I'm done with being part of a society that defines truth as whatever the TV told them (I do mean that figuratively, so a response to the literal in regards to that would be... um... stupid.)

the people I've found in brisbane. for the most part. think for themselves. its near a college I like and i see no reason to stay in a country that feeds on itself.

AGWAN said:
I'm actually trying to become Australian.

whats frustrating is defending a country you're from, from people in the country you're moving to.

I don't spout old jokes to describe our government. I rather like the system of  Government America has, what I don't like is the faceless Monsters shaping our world into an ever more ignorant and fearful place through the power of mass media.

we live in an age where communication has become incredibly easy, and content is shared instantly and freely.

and those with power (many aren't even IN government) want to use it to make you think Glenn beck and Nancy Grace are voices of reason.

they're terrorists. and they aren't even spreading terror because they feel god told them to. their spreading Terror because it pads their pockets.

I'm done with being part of a society that defines truth as whatever the TV told them (I do mean that figuratively, so a response to the literal in regards to that would be... um... stupid.)

the people I've found in brisbane. for the most part. think for themselves. its near a college I like and i see no reason to stay in a country that feeds on itself.

Do it. My wife is from Brisbane too- nicey place, a bit hot for me though.

Yeah, I got a bit ranty there... xD

I'm planning on it. by EARLY 2012, taking most of this next year to set things up!

And I like hot places!

AGWAN said:

I'm planning on it. by EARLY 2012, taking most of this next year to set things up!

And I like hot places!

Nah, come to Melbourne instead.  :evil4:  Most liveable city in the world. I'm probably biased, as it is the place of my birth. Either way, you would definitely love it here in Australia. It is a little bit more relaxed lifestyle as well (compared to the U.S).

nexrex said:
Mine is is my surname backwards. Old high school nick name. My name is Paul Xerxen. It's an Austrian surname that was changed to Maltese spelling 3 generations ago.

Speaking of malta i was there a few weeks back, amazing place. I think the best looking woman from scotland was the worst looking from malta. place had stunnin' birds.

as for elfro.. well, years back i had a huge afro style haircut, which just molded into elfro and i was born in 1989. so elfro89

nexrex said:
AGWAN said:

And I like hot places!

Nah, come to Melbourne instead.  :evil4:  Most liveable city in the world. I'm probably biased, as it is the place of my birth. Either way, you would definitely love it here in Australia. It is a little bit more relaxed lifestyle as well (compared to the U.S).

+1 on that. My sister, an American, lives there and married an Aussie bloke ex policeman. I could so live there.

CB stands for CAGE BLOCKADE, something I did when I jumped on the hood of a moving '64 Chevelle when its driver gunned it toward me.

=CB= said:
CB stands for CAGE BLOCKADE, something I did when I jumped on the hood of a moving '64 Chevelle when its driver gunned it toward me.
:doh:, I thought it stood for "crotchety bastard"... :icon_biggrin:

Back