what do you drive ?

What's strange, or sad, 6 years ago gas was roughly $1.70 a gallon.  If I averaged 17 miles a gallon, it cost 10 cents a mile in gas.  Now with gas around $3.50, you have to get 35 miles per gallon for the same per mile gas price.  So in others, 6 years ago, a V-8 hit your wallet like a smart car does at the pump now.

Sometimes I'd really like a fuel efficient vehicle. I just cant bring myself to ditch the V8's. The truck and the hoe both have the 5.3L nothing huge. They both have cold air intakes. The Tahoe has a catback setup and the truck has duals. The both have been reprogrammed. These mods were "supposed" to make them more efficient but all they did was make me want to get in the gas to hear the intake and exhaust. I love when you floor it while watching the instant fuel economy readout and it drops to 2MPG. Good stuff. :guitaristgif:

I do get good mileage considering from the main rides
both the 67 and the 70 Jeep however are what you would call slightly modified, and you know they will stay that way, probably do not get driven 2000 miles a year between the 2.

and there is also something about the sound of a pair of strait headers dumping into a set of cherry bombs to sooth your soul and upset the neighbors.

I have some Thrush glasspacks on my 68 LeSabre. I would love to put some spark plugs in the tips but they exit on either side of the tank and the filler neck is behind the license plate. With it being dropped in the back I'm always leaking gas so I'm thinking maybe a fuel cell in the trunk :dontknow:

I turn mine out before the rear wheel, plus I do not run a cross over pipe so they get full impact into the bombs
I call them street sweepers because if you light them up around some dirt of debris it goes flying, pointed at about a 45 to the ground

you should try that, great effect

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Oh no.   :doh:

A convertible Smart Car. Wife picked it out. Back n forth to work. Pretty cool.
Like this (without the green mirror)
2010-smart-fortwo-edition.jpg

Scion xB (aka "clown car", "toaster", "lunch box"). But my wife's been on pregnancy bedrest for the past 6 weeks so I've been driving her Volvo S60. Man I love that thing!

Yeah I don't really know what I was thinking when I bought it. I was 23 at the time and thought it looked earthy and cool. Now I just feel silly in it.

See, I actually was blown away. I bought it cheap just to get out of my broken car. and was blown away by the smooth handling, excellent interior, amazing stereo, and tons of options that one can get for not much money.

but I got the BIG xB, not the awkward little one. I was pleased by the car.

the fact I paid 10,000 dollars for it when it was worth 15,000... also helped.

I got the good 1st gen xB, not the bloated low mpg one.  By far the best car I've ever bought.
If you don't have alloy wheels on it, they look terrible though.
The Aluminum Grille, & LED brake lights (even a custom made 3rd brake light) help. The stock brake lights are pitifully dim.

I'm driving a *couch* minivan (Honda Odyssey, which is pretty much the most luxurious van you can get nowadays) while I am recovering from that Achilles tear.

Normally, that's my wife's ride and I drive one of these:
38090182.jpg

2001 Saab 9-3. Has about 105k miles on it, and while not terribly inexpensive to maintain, it's a 185hp 4 cyl turbo (standard transmission) which gets an average of just under 27 mpg combined city/highway (I know because that's what it has averaged over the past 6,000 miles - many of which are sitting nearly idle on the Washington DC beltway). It gets about 32mpg on the highway.

While I wish I sat a little higher compared to other cars/trucks/SUVs/vans, I really do enjoy driving it. The hatchback is ENORMOUS!

AutoBat said:
I got the good 1st gen xB, not the bloated low mpg one.  By far the best car I've ever bought.
If you don't have alloy wheels on it, they look terrible though.
The Aluminum Grille, & LED brake lights (even a custom made 3rd brake light) help. The stock brake lights are pitifully dim.

LMAO somehow I average 36-38 in comfort while my Room mate gets about 26-32 in his 1st gen

we generally just take mine everywhere. since mine is so much more comfortable, and has a much nicer stereo.

its amazing how magically freeway speeds destroy the MPG of the 1st gen.

^^It's all good. i'm glad you like yours. nissan filled the gap with the cube if i need another like it :)
pushing a square box at highway speeds isn't that efficient, i'll agree. but i rarely leave the city, so it does better than my other car (99 300M) which struggles to get 19mpg

either version of the xB looks crummy with steelies and much better with alloys.

I have an '03 Dodge Dakota with 215,000 miles on it.  It's been moderately modded.
Oh man, a recent hail storm totaled it.  Though the damage isn't bad or make it undriveable, the age and mileage did it in for the insurance company.  It was a cost more to fix than it was worth kind of thing.  They left me a several options.  Get a lot of money and they come get it, get less money and keep with it only liability insurance, or don't file the claim.  Asking around, I could total it, let them get it, and buy it at the salvage price.  I'll probably take the money and run.  It's been a good truck and done everything I've needed it to, but it's about to become a money pit.  This one was a milestone vehicle for me.  It was the first vehicle I bought new and paid off.

I have an '03 Dodge Dakota with 215,000 miles on it.  It's been moderately modded.
Oh man, a recent hail storm totaled it.  Though the damage isn't bad or make it undriveable, the age and mileage did it in for the insurance company.  It was a cost more to fix than it was worth kind of thing.  They left me a several options.  Get a lot of money and they come get it, get less money and keep with it only liability insurance, or don't file the claim.  Asking around, I could total it, let them get it, and buy it at the salvage price.  I'll probably take the money and run.  It's been a good truck and done everything I've needed it to, but it's about to become a money pit.  This one was a milestone vehicle for me.  It was the first vehicle I bought new and paid off.
I did 1 buy back in my life and I regretted it after a few years, I actually made money on the deal at first, but the title said salvage and I had problems selling it, sold it for a lot less than I wanted too and in the end would have probably been a lot better if I just took the money and ran.
I would either not report and drive it till it drops or get the cash payout and try to find a replacement, Just a new car payment is not my style anymore, I try to bottom feed now days if I can.

Back