What do I use to clean wood in CA?

hannaugh

Master Member
Apparently you can no longer get naphtha or mineral spirits in CA, and the acetone they sell here has extra crap in it.  What do I use to clean my Tele body before finishing if I can't get that stuff?  I have some older lacquer thinner that is pre-nanny state ban, would that work? 

I got naphtha in California at a Sherwin Williams store, but the didn't have it out in the display area - I had to ask for it.  Bought a gallon.  This was about a year-and-a-half ago, so if the law's changed since then my info's no good.

Yep - I would not think there is a ban on Zippo lighters in California.  They are just too cool to ban  :glasses10:

I keep hearing that the lighter fluid stuff has stuff added to it in CA though.  :sad: :dontknow:

I tell you, with all the bans in CA, gangs don't even need to sell drugs or guns to make money.  All they need are a huge supply of NOS lightbulbs, naphtha, normal flow toilets, fireworks, etc...

hannaugh said:
I keep hearing that the lighter fluid stuff has stuff added to it in CA though.  :sad: :dontknow:

I tell you, with all the bans in CA, gangs don't even need to sell drugs or guns to make money.  All they need are a huge supply of NOS lightbulbs, naphtha, normal flow toilets, fireworks, etc...

!!!!!!  Now that's the best business opportunity I've heard in a long time.

Jax gave up too soon, he could have found that niche' alternative market to all the illegal guns/dope running on Sons of Anarchy!

Do they sell Denatured alcohol in Cali?
I would Sarcastically suggest water as a last resort but they are outta that at the moment....

Back