what are the guitars you have let go of?

- Hohner HSS electric - (sold to buy Gibson)
- Gibson Melody Maker/Les Paul Jr  (Black with a hockey headstock and Kahler trem)
- USA made B.C. Rich Gunslinger
- Ovation Acoustic

the last three were sold to buy my Ibanez Jem.

Since then I've vowed never to sell a guitar unless I desperatly have to.  I made $150-200 max for each those.  That Gibson was rare, I never saw another like it except in a used guitar shop years later for twice what I paid for it NEW.

taez555 said:
- Hohner HSS electric - (sold to buy Gibson)
- Gibson Melody Maker/Les Paul Jr  (Black with a hockey headstock and Kahler trem)
- USA made B.C. Rich Gunslinger
- Ovation Acoustic

the last three were sold to buy my Ibanez Jem.

Since then I've vowed never to sell a guitar unless I desperatly have to.

+1
I went from bastardizing to building Ws to making my own bodies and don't want to part with anything I've retained.

Sold -
Black LP copy, can't recall manufacturer. Didn't seem much point keeping this once I had the real thing.
Hohner Strat - first guitar, had it nearly 25 years and subjected it to numerous resprays & rewires - great pickups but sold because knackered ply body and slight misaligned neck
Fender Squire HM strat - impulse buy; awful pickups and awful awful awful random-return tremolo. Crappitycrappitycrapcrap.
Fender 'Blackie' Strat bitsa. Single coils aren't really my thing and I wanted the money to build another W.

70's Gibson Ripper bass..very uncomfortable to play because it was like 400 lbs traded it for my 70's Guild B301 bass which I love and will never part with.

Brian

Schecter Damien-6
damien6_sbk.jpg

Fender Aerodyne Telecaster, I miss that one the most!
CIJ-FenderAerodyneTelecaster-02k.jpg

Ibanez ART-300
ibanez_art300.JPG

Schecter Tempest Blackjack Custom
BlackJack%20Tempest.JPG

Gibson Les-Paul Studio (mahogany)
2823650344_0a463d2f00.jpg

Gibson Faded SG (with ebony fretboard and moon inlays)
couldn't find a pic!
Dillion PRS custom 24 copy
dillion-DR500.jpg

btw do you guys take pics of all your guitars so that even after selling them you have something of them?

i pose with every one of mine (my wife has particular fun in instructing me on the right pose) and keep it for future reference (to look wistfully or cry over).

PRS CE-24
PRS Tremonti Model
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio Mahogany
Takamine EG-334C

I miss all of them.  Partly wish I hadn't sold any of them.

vtpcnk said:
btw do you guys take pics of all your guitars so that even after selling them you have something of them?

i pose with every one of mine (my wife has particular fun in instructing me on the right pose) and keep it for future reference (to look wistfully or cry over).

i think i've got at least 1 picture of all of mine except my second guitar (SA160QM) but only OF them, not with them. that would be kind of cool though  :glasses9:  i hate seeing myself in pictures though haha so i guess i'll see how they turn out.

I've never parted with a guitar of mine, though I have sold a number of friends' guitars. However, I could pretty happily sell an Ibanez partscaster that is just sitting around, and I am in the process of selling the bridge and neck from my fender Strat. Warmothization!

Back