Well you can't hardly have one, without the other

The Jan Laurentz guy has lots of amazing videos. Since we're talking about the Chapman Stick here I thought I'd post something by the Master:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH8dBzvjxDg

They all look so... obsessive. If they get any groupies at all, I bet they're really weird chicks.

I dunno, Tony Levin has been married for decades and Gunn at least one I believe. These prog types tend to be pretty normal, average, semi-boring people - apart from being abnormally good at their instruments of course :)

kboman said:
Updown said:
reluctant-builder said:
How in hell does one play on a fretboard that wide?
This is the way you play a wide neck ... (Great song too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCXjEIQANes
If I ever get a wide neck, thats what i'll buy.  :icon_biggrin:

Greg Howard is ridiculously good, but I'm not sure I like his tone. Trey Gunn has more mids, and that's what I prefer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YAnun4CgUc

OK. Color me impressed. :icon_biggrin:

Alfang said:
They got a name for guitars like that with so many strings, I think their called pianos
Exactly, no point after 4 strings, just geta piano... :icon_thumright:

Wyliee said:
DMRACO said:
line6man said:
Why are there two straplocks a half inch apart at the bottom? :icon_scratch:

it is so massive it needs two straps

I think you are looking at the output jacks. Yup, it's got two output jacks.

It does have two locking Neutrik jacks, but it also has two straplocks.

Needs a Turbo Deluxe Floyd said:
I PUT the cable IN the jack.  Input jack.

Really? You put the cable without a jack into the jack?  :icon_scratch:

I usually solder the male-jack on the cable - then put that male-jack into the female-output-jack on the guitar. But then again. I'm Danish.

I guess this is why some still prefer acoustics.  :laughing7:

Yup, that's what I do, and regardless of what anybody chooses to call it, it works for me.  Now we're getting into the difference between a cord and a cable, something I care even less about.

I PUT the cable IN the jack.  Input jack.

The connector sticks OUT of the jack. Output jack.

Also, the signal flow.

Now we're getting into the difference between a cord and a cable, something I care even less about.

Call 'em what they really are. Coaxial plate capacitors. :blob7:

It's both, for just that solitary moment, you are "inputting" the cable into the jack, then and only then does it become an "output"... :icon_biggrin:

images

DangerousR6 said:
It's both, for just that solitary moment, you are "inputting" the cable into the jack, then and only then does it become an "output"... :icon_biggrin:

It's not both. Input versus output designation is based on the transmission of power through the receptacle.
In the case of a guitar's jack, the signal flows out of the jack. The exception being if you want to run a direct current through the cable, either on the tip, with the signal, or as a separate supply on the ring terminal of a "balanced" cable with TRS connectors and jacks, to power some active component on the guitar. In that case, it is both an output for the signal, and an input for DC power, except when the flow of current reaches 0A for the output signal, then it indeed functions solely as an input jack for as long as the signal's current stays at zero.

But most people don't care either way. Gary just knows which semantic arguments set me off. :blob7:

line6man said:
DangerousR6 said:

It's not both. Input versus output designation is based on the transmission of power through the receptacle.
In the case of a guitar's jack, the signal flows out of the jack. The exception being if you want to run a direct current through the cable, either on the tip, with the signal, or as a separate supply on the ring terminal of a "balanced" cable with TRS connectors and jacks, to power some active component on the guitar. In that case, it is both an output for the signal, and an input for DC power, except when the flow of current reaches 0A for the output signal, then it indeed functions solely as an input jack for as long as the signal's current stays at zero.

But most people don't care either way. Gary just knows which semantic arguments set me off. :blob7:
You missed the sarcasm... :doh:

Back