Well, new president.

newmexstrings said:
Yup, I was referring to you, d-wad
Cool down, man. Doug is a respected member here. If you don't watch it, I wouldn't be surprised if a ban or something comes your way.
He never insulted you, nor attacked anyone else on the forum. Politics are one thing, but the reason some people don't want them on the board is because of how some people react to other people's opinions.

Max said:
newmexstrings said:
Yup, I was referring to you, d-wad
Cool down, man. Doug is a respected member here. If you don't watch it, I wouldn't be surprised if a ban or something comes your way.
He never insulted you, nor attacked anyone else on the forum. Politics are one thing, but the reason some people don't want them on the board is because of how some people react to other people's opinions.
Thank you Max... :icon_thumright:

DangerousR6 said:
Max said:
I think I liked my thread better when we were talking about food.
wasabi? :icon_biggrin:
I really only have had wasabi on a few things. French fries, when I was seeing how the wasabi tasted. I also have it on Tuna steaks that've been marinated in soy sauce for a while, and chicken that's been double-breaded, fried, and coated in a ginger-citrus sauce. First time I had wasabi, I didn't know how strong it was. I dunked my tuna in it, and felt my nostrils BURN.

:toothy12:

Max said:
DangerousR6 said:
Max said:
I think I liked my thread better when we were talking about food.
wasabi? :icon_biggrin:
I really only have had wasabi on a few things. French fries, when I was seeing how the wasabi tasted. I also have it on Tuna steaks that've been marinated in soy sauce for a while, and chicken that's been double-breaded, fried, and coated in a ginger-citrus sauce. First time I had wasabi, I didn't know how strong it was. I dunked my tuna in it, and felt my nostrils BURN.

:toothy12:
Tuna marinated in soy sounds yummy, I've marinated steaks in soy sauce and they are simply scrumptious...Little wasabi on the side...

newmexstrings said:
Too bad he's YOUR president for the next 4 (or 8!) years!!! Gotta support him or you're UN-PATRIOTIC! How does it feel to have the tables turned? Go listen to that pill-head Limbaugh and leave your politics off the GUITAR message board.

Last I checked, this was the Off Topic message board... so that means we can talk about anything we want.  Why did you click on a political post when you didn't want to read it?  Sounds like a waste of time to me.

hannaugh said:
Last I checked, this was the Off Topic message board... so that means we can talk about anything we want.  Why did you click on a political post when you didn't want to read it?  Sounds like a waste of time to me.

You can talk about anything you want, as long as it's nothing to do with voicing your opinions about anybody or anything even remotely connected to the Left.  :icon_biggrin:

Superlizard said:
hannaugh said:

You can talk about anything you want, as long as it's nothing to do with voicing your opinions about anybody or anything even remotely connected to the Left.   :icon_biggrin:

I gotta say, it is weird to have someone say that.  I work in theater in California where if you say anything against the left, you get shunned by everyone you work with.  I am pretty moderate, and I have one conservative friend that I know of, but I knew her for 4 years before she told me that she was conservative because to put it simply, we are both terrified to say anything when we are among theater people that might offend their liberal sensiblities.  They get really mean and will automatically turn to personal attacks, and I'm not even really conservative!  I'm moderate, but to them that means "conservative" because if you're not with them, you're against them.  It's really quite amazing, because there is no sense of fairness and that whole "Oh, it's just a difference of opinion" thing, it's just seek and destroy.  This guy once made the mistake of saying he voted for Bush and I thought it was going to get violent.  He couldn't even explain his decision through all the screaming at him. 

So really, I don't mind there being a political discussion here, because it seems like there are several people on both sides. And, while it might seem like we're arguing, it's not scary like what I'm used to. I have mostly seen extreme statements in response to other extreme statements on this board rather than where I'm from, where if you say you are skeptical about socialized healthcare, you will probably get called a Nazi and won't get that promotion you were going after. 

hannaugh said:
They get really mean and will automatically turn to personal attacks, and I'm not even really conservative!  I'm moderate, but to them that means "conservative" because if you're not with them, you're against them.  It's really quite amazing, because there is no sense of fairness and that whole "Oh, it's just a difference of opinion" thing, it's just seek and destroy.  This guy once made the mistake of saying he voted for Bush and I thought it was going to get violent.  He couldn't even explain his decision through all the screaming at him.

LOL

That's cuz they have the mindset of a child; they use emotion instead of logic. 

They also can't handle reality.

Really, they just haven't grown up into adults yet... regardless of age.

I must admit I always find reading US discussions about 'the left' rather humourous, what you lot call the left is considered to be central in most of Europe, our right wing (bar the extreme right wingers) are generally only a little more towards the right than the Democrats if not equal to them, to me the Republican party is nearly as bad as some ultra right wing organisations like the BNP all they'd need to do is go around beating up foreigners and they'd pretty much be there.

Nick Ellingworth said:
I must admit I always find reading US discussions about 'the left' rather humourous, what you lot call the left is considered to be central in most of Europe, our right wing (bar the extreme right wingers) are generally only a little more towards the right than the Democrats if not equal to them, to me the Republican party is nearly as bad as some ultra right wing organisations like the BNP all they'd need to do is go around beating up foreigners and they'd pretty much be there.

They already have/do....

http://gigapan.org/viewGigapanFullscreen.php?auth=033ef14483ee899496648c2b4b06233c - -that's pretty cool - the zoom works very well :icon_thumright:

Back