Well, new president.

Well, it was on Reagan's watch when the cold war ended without any countries getting "blowed up real good", but people still thought he was an *sshole.  Bill Clinton did his fair share of masculine posturing and bombing countries, but people never mention that part of his presidency.  Its the same thing with JFK.  So somehow I don't really think it matters what you do. 

hey lighten up guys, dont act like you've never said anything "politically incorrect", racist, or judgmental,  everyone has and most the time its not in a serious hateful way

Canada EY?

^^^^Stereotypical joke

^^^Yes im mocking political threads

btw what is the Consul General, i dont know much about the Canadian political system

All I know is that they have mounties and that there are some people who want Quebec to be a different country. 

The rest of my knowledge comes from watching Due South and SCTV. 

hannaugh said:
All I know is that they have mounties and that there are some people who want Quebec to be a different country. 

The rest of my knowledge comes from watching Due South and SCTV. 

SCTV's closer to what it's REALLY like up here... ;)

you might get better results watching Showcase.

The consul general is an American, not a Canadian. He's like the U.S. Ambassador to Canada's right hand man.

hannaugh said:
Volitions Advocate said:
the president doesn't have as much power as everyone thinks he does.
I agree though that the president doesn't have anywhere near as much power as people think.  He has about as much power as someone trying to control a herd of cats.

What?  The guy is the supreme commander of millions of troops during wartime.  He's incredibly powerful.  He could have every single American out of Iraq in 24 hours if he wanted to.  And he could send them to Afghanistan, or Somalia, or North Korea, or Canada, or wherever he wants.  And don't even get me started on TARP.

Yeah, while people do tend to give the president more credit or blame than he deserves in some respects like the economy, he's hugely powerful and near-dictatorial in areas that don't get much press such as environmental regulatory powers, and generally sets the tone for what's possible to get done. The US prez definitely has more power than most european heads of state for instance, and incidentally is the most powerful person in the world, controlling about 2,000 nuclear missiles with the megatonnage to most likely eliminate all life on earth. So yeah, he's kind of powerful.

The congress really is much more important than the President. He mostly represents us and makes executive decisions, which have to be approved by congress.

rounce55 said:
The congress really is much more important than the President. He mostly represents us and makes executive decisions, which have to be approved by congress.

Actually, congress (the Senate & House of Representatives) is supposed to represent the people.

Unfortunately it seems this is becoming less and less the case.

If he really cared about our troops he would join the National Guard, go AWOL, then put thousands of troops in harms way for Haliburton contracts. :laughing7:

http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?section=104&article=60160

Too bad he's YOUR president for the next 4 (or 8!) years!!! Gotta support him or you're UN-PATRIOTIC! How does it feel to have the tables turned? Go listen to that pill-head Limbaugh and leave your politics off the GUITAR message board.

newmexstrings said:
Too bad he's YOUR president for the next 4 (or 8!) years!!! Gotta support him or you're UN-PATRIOTIC! How does it feel to have the tables turned? Go listen to that pill-head Limbaugh and leave your politics off the GUITAR message board.
I hope your not referring to me, who ever the hell you are. If you are, this is an "off topic" thread.

Back