Well I bought me a Corvette as an investment.

Death by Uberschall

Master Member
2005 PRS Custom 22 in Corvette Daytona Sunset Orange. 1 of 60 in this color (1 of 300 in all the colors). Mint un-played condition with case and all case candy. It'll be hard for me to not want to play it. Got it for a good price too.

Model: Paul Reed Smith Corvette Standard 22 Guitar
Color: 2005 Corvette Daytona Sunset Orange
Body: Carved mahogany, double cutaway
Neck: Mahogany with PRS wide-fat contour, 10-in. radius
Fingerboard: Rosewood with abalone 427 inlay
Scale: 25 in
Bridge: PRS stoptail
Tuners: PRS 14:1 Phase II low-mass locking
Number of Frets: 22
Pickups: PRS Dragon II Treble (bridge) and Bass (neck) pickups
Controls: Volume, tone, and five-way pickup-selector knob

PRSCorvette-2.jpg
PRSCorvette-3.jpg
PRSCorvette-4.jpg
PRSCorvette-9.jpg
PRSCorvette-5.jpg
PRSCorvette-7.jpg
PRSCorvette-8.jpg
%2524%2528KGrHqZHJDgE9dPT-UIYBPiGrE%252CITg%257E%257E60_3.JPG

It's nice looking.  It'd be a shame if it didn't get used though.
I've been to the Bowling Green KY factory twice. They offer free tours that even my wife (who isn't into cars) enjoyed.
My (real) Corvette was made at the old St. Louis factory.

Love it, man.  Did the same thing with a Gibbo SG-GT lol.  It was too nice not to play.  Ended up playing the hell out of that thing.

Did you get the "bail out" price.... :laughing11:

Should have got the Ferrari, better resale...
Vferrari.jpg

:icon_jokercolor:
Nice geetar ..

Wow that finish is pretty awesome.

I am still confused when I see PRS' heel though  :icon_scratch:

AutoBat said:
It's nice looking.  It'd be a shame if it didn't get used though.
I've been to the Bowling Green KY factory twice. They offer free tours that even my wife (who isn't into cars) enjoyed.
My (real) Corvette was made at the old St. Louis factory.

Hey Autobat,

I was in Bowling Green yesterday.  I didn't visit the plant as I had to visit there too many times as a parts supplier.  I did visit the museum though.  That was pretty cool.  Saw a few Corvette GUITARS on display as well.

By the way, what is your "(real)" Corevtte?  Mine was also made in St. Louis.  I have a '68 couple, 327 350, blue on blue.  I'm at the end of a total frame off restoration.  Taking many many years.  (Girlfriends dad has a '69 390hp 427 dark green convert). 

Very nice  :headbang:

Are the knobs Clear or have a bit of Silver in them ?

How fast does it go ?  :icon_jokercolor:

firstly, wow...you sir, simply have too many nice guitars...

i am trying to convince my wife that i need a second electric guitar...she keeps muttering on about kid's university, retirement and whatnot...oh well  :dontknow:

it seems that you have a far more understanding partner than i...congrats on your buy

i noticed the 5 way knob (i have never seen that on a prs before)...are both humbuckers split?  do they split well?

enjoy that beautifull guitar my friend...

deajo said:

i am trying to convince my wife that i need a second electric guitar...she keeps muttering on about kid's university, retirement and whatnot...oh well  :dontknow:

it seems that you have a far more understanding partner than i...congrats on your buy

i noticed the 5 way knob (i have never seen that on a prs before)...are both humbuckers split?  do they split well?

Thank you.  :icon_thumright:

Tell her it's your retirement.  :dontknow:

Not married at this time, so my money is,............... well,................. MY money.  :hello2:

95% of PRS guitars with 3 knobs are the 5-way switch set-up. It combines, splits, parallels, series, etc the coils for the different sounds. It's a cool feature, but I'm not really a fan. Finding the right setting on the fly is a pain sometimes when playing live. If I were going to play it regularly, chromed EMG 81/85's would be going in with a simple 3-way toggle switch like my other PRS was.  :glasses10:

Can't wait to get it in my hands.  :guitaristgif:

Death by Uberschall said:
deajo said:

Thank you.  :icon_thumright:

Tell her it's your retirement.  :dontknow:

Not married at this time, so my money is,............... well,................. MY money.  :hello2:

95% of PRS guitars with 3 knobs are the 5-way switch set-up. It combines, splits, parallels, series, etc the coils for the different sounds. It's a cool feature, but I'm not really a fan. Finding the right setting on the fly is a pain sometimes when playing live. If I were going to play it regularly, chromed EMG 81/85's would be going in with a simple 3-way toggle switch like my other PRS was.  :glasses10:

Can't wait to get it in my hands.  :guitaristgif:
:headbang1:
eg81c85cset-lg.jpg

Back