Well I bought me a Corvette as an investment.

deajo said:
firstly, wow...you sir, simply have too many nice guitars...

i am trying to convince my wife that i need a second electric guitar...she keeps muttering on about kid's university, retirement and whatnot...oh well  :dontknow:

it seems that you have a far more understanding partner than i...congrats on your buy

i noticed the 5 way knob (i have never seen that on a prs before)...are both humbuckers split?  do they split well?

enjoy that beautifull guitar my friend...

Tell her you need a guitar to play whilst retired.  :guitaristgif:

Death by Uberschall said:
2005 PRS Custom 22 in Corvette Daytona Sunset Orange. 1 of 60 in this color (1 of 300 in all the colors). Mint un-played condition with case and all case candy. It'll be hard for me to not want to play it. Got it for a good price too.

Model: Paul Reed Smith Corvette Standard 22 Guitar
Color: 2005 Corvette Daytona Sunset Orange
Body: Carved mahogany, double cutaway
Neck: Mahogany with PRS wide-fat contour, 10-in. radius
Fingerboard: Rosewood with abalone 427 inlay
Scale: 25 in
Bridge: PRS stoptail
Tuners: PRS 14:1 Phase II low-mass locking
Number of Frets: 22
Pickups: PRS Dragon II Treble (bridge) and Bass (neck) pickups
Controls: Volume, tone, and five-way pickup-selector knob

PRSCorvette-2.jpg
PRSCorvette-3.jpg
PRSCorvette-4.jpg
PRSCorvette-9.jpg
PRSCorvette-5.jpg
PRSCorvette-7.jpg
PRSCorvette-8.jpg
%2524%2528KGrHqZHJDgE9dPT-UIYBPiGrE%252CITg%257E%257E60_3.JPG

That's pretty cool, and probably the only reliable Corvette to see the light of day.

big bob said:
I Knew I should have got the corvette...

all I got was this stupid Firebird...

Heritage 357
beachbird009.jpg

I've seen more than 1 Firebird eat Corvettes for a light snack!! :icon_thumright:

rapfohl09 said:
I am still confused when I see PRS' heel though  :icon_scratch:

Yes, they turned ugly fairly soon after they started mass producing them. Back in 1985 I bought one of the very first production PRS guitars - the kind that's worth a fortune today. One of the local music stores (this is in Nashville - guitar town!) got a shipment of 6 of the very first run of them, and I fell in love and bought one. It was the first more-than-1K$ guitar I ever owned. I got my name up on a banner in the store alongside the names of some truly huge guitarists who had also bought the first ones - kind of odd as I was just playing pickup bands at writers nights and the few odd sessions, I actually make my living as a cellist but play the guitar mostly for fun. On a subsequent visit for some setup work Dicky Betts played my guitar for several hours, and then proceeded to buy one for himself. I sold the guitar a few years later about the same time I gave up live guitar playing, while in an economic mess. Wish I had held onto it!

My understanding is that they felt that some more structural integrity was needed at the base of the neck for intonation stability, and indeed my guitar did have a kind of wobbly feeling neck - it was perhaps a bit too flexible. For some more on this, search around Ed Roman's web site - he has (or at least had) a really interesting rant about this.

Street Avenger said:
I don't like the PRS heel. A guitar costing that much $$$$ should have a heel with a much better contour.

The part everybody misses about the PRS heel is the body basically starts at the 21st fret, so the heel will stick out compared to other guitars where the fret board goes further into the body. Compare to a Les Paul where the body meets the neck at the 16th fret.

When compared to a Les Paul, the PRS heel starts to grow at the 15th fret and reaches full thickness at the 17th fret, where the Les Paul heel starts to grow at the 13th fret and reaches full thickness at 15th fret. So actually the heel on the PRS is 2 frets shorter in length than the Les Paul.

Street Avenger said:
I don't like the PRS heel. A guitar costing that much $$$$ should have a heel with a much better contour.

The part everybody misses about the PRS heel is the body basically starts at the 21st fret, so the heel will stick out compared to other guitars where the fret board goes further into the body. Compare to a Les Paul where the body meets the neck at the 16th fret.

When compared to a Les Paul, the PRS heel starts to grow at the 15th fret and reaches full thickness at the 17th fret, where the Les Paul heel starts to grow at the 13th fret and reaches full thickness at 15th fret. So actually the heel on the PRS is 2 frets shorter in length than the Les Paul.
Then what about this... :dontknow:
91%20PRS%20C24%20Burl%202_back.JPG

DangerousR6 said:
Street Avenger said:

91%20PRS%20C24%20Burl%202_back.JPG

PRS leaves more wood now to improve the tone of the guitar, more mass, at least that's what PRS claims. The PRS CU24 I traded off about a year ago had the smaller heel. I never bonded with it, it always sounded too thin to me. Maybe there's something to it, maybe not.

DangerousR6 said:
Street Avenger said:

PRS leaves more wood now to improve the tone of the guitar, more mass, at least that's what PRS claims. The PRS CU24 I traded off about a year ago had the smaller heel. I never bonded with it, it always sounded too thin to me. Maybe there's something to it, maybe not.

I agree. I dunno if the bigger heel is enough wood to affect anything, but... I really dig the feel of the larger heel.  :dontknow:

I think it's more a case of laziness. You can see the transition from hand made to cnc in those years, and the heel is one of the giveaways of the transition. I seriously doubt an inch or two of extra wood is going to change the tone. That's not that much mass of wood... :dontknow:

It'll be hard for me to not want to play it.]

Nice guitar! Guitars sound better after they are played awhile. No reason not to play it as long as you don't ding it up!

Back