Warmoth User Rigs

TTU Shredder

So after I created the topic to see what pedals should be used in my rig, I thought it might be a cool idea to have a spot for everybody to post their own guitar rigs on the forum. Here is what I have:

Pedaltrain PT-2 with Voodoo Power Supply has the Boss TU-2 -> Boss DS-1 -> Morley Little Aligator -> Boss DD-7 -> Marshall Zack Wylde Micro Stack

http://flickr.com/photos/19051204@N04/2617903594/ Pedal Board
http://flickr.com/photos/19051204@N04/2617903362/ Amp

I have five different guitars. Ibanez RG4EXQM1 / Epiphone Collegiate Electric Guitar / Squire Affinity / Squire Bronco Bass (In remodeling stage) / My Warmoth V-2 (In Progress)

http://flickr.com/photos/19051204@N04/2617080125/
http://flickr.com/photos/19051204@N04/2617903162/ Guitars

I use a Boss GT-3 and my amp is a Peavey JSX 212.

The GT-3 has a send/receive for an external overdrive or distortion, so my cables go as follows:

Guitar -> GT-3 input -> ext od/ds send -> amp input -> amp FX send -> ex od/ds return -> GT-3 output -> amp FX return. 

This allows me to put the time-based effects in the effects loop of the amp and all the others before the amp's preamp, and use the amp's crunch or distortion (which is more than ample) in place of the distortion/overdrives in the GT-3.  It also gives me the option to use the GT-3's grinds instead of the preamp (which I don't usually do).

Guitar -> GT-8 -> whatever is apropriate, amp, headphones or PA.

I'm planning on adding various stereo delay pedals (DD20, Memory Man with Hazarai) for looping, to be placed after, and some more interesting fuzzes to be placed before. And also the Boss double control pedal for the GT-8 and maybe a dedicated volume pedal. And more guitars, and more pedals, and powered monitors, and... *starts to drool, eyes glazing over*

Well I don't have one of these components yet but I'm working on this rig:
Warmoth korina/rosewood/ebony HH strat -> Boss TU-2 -> Analogman compROSSor -> Carvin V3 (50W EL34) with Dr. Scientist reverb in FX loop -> Mesa 4x12

I also have a poplar/maple/rosewood Squier+Warmoth strat I use sometimes.

Warmoth Thinline with P-90's-> Boss TU-2 -> ZVEX Fuzz Factory -> Electro Harmonix Small Clone -> Boss DD-6 Delay -> Xotic RC Booster -> Orange AD30 TC Head -> Orange 2x12.

And I really want a reverb, ring modulator, tremolo, and wacky synth stuff.  But that is yet to come on a college budget...

Too many guitars to list -> Dunlop Crybaby Classic -> Boss TU-2 Chromatic tuner ->

Then depending on guitar/sound/style of music I'm playing items off this list:

Electro-Harmonix - Big Muff Pi
Electro-Harmonix - Deluxe Electric Mistress
Electro-Harmonix - Small Stone
VisualSounds H20 Chorus/Echo pedal
Xotic BB booster
Line6 DL-4 Delay Modeler
Korg ToneWorx AX-1500G multi-effects (just use about 12 user presets)
DOD FX-7 multi-effects (just use about 6 user presets)
Rocktron Xpression rackmount unit (rarely use - recording only)

==> Blackheart Lil Giant BH5H head => 2 1x12 cabs with Eminence BH speakers or
      Modded Fender Blues Deluxe with Celestion Vintage 30 (usually with GT Trans-tube adapters and pair of EL84's)
      Early model Fender 75 combo with 1x Eminence Big Ben 15" speaker

Should get the Blackheart Handsome Devil BH15H head next month unless they backorder it yet again...

dbw said:
Well I don't have one of these components yet but I'm working on this rig:
Guitar -> Boss TU-2 -> Analogman compressor -> Carvin V3 preamp (3 channels) -> Dr. Scientist reverb in FX loop -> Carvin V3 power amp (100W EL34) -> Mesa 4x12

Oh, and for my ideal rig, add an octave fuzz after the compressor, and swap the V3 for a Mesa Road King  :headbang1:

Guitar - GeorgeL's cable - amp

choose the amp size for desired amount of distortion at the desired amount of volume

Occasionally I'll add in a BluesBreaker pedal (modded slightly).

Like a touch of reverb if playing in my living room - just a barest hint.  Not needed in larger places, except for surf emulation.

That is all

Guitar, Strat 75% of the time
Tonebender clone
Tube Screamer clone
Ibanez DE7 (delay)
Z Vex SHO
Amp with either 2 6V6 or 2 6L6

MXR Micro Chorus once in a blue moon

480480.jpg

Fender Cyber Deluxe with massive controller board thingy. It's pretty much perfect for what I like to play and I love it because I can tweak it forever and get endless different tones from it. The effects aren't bad - they're OK not mind blowing. OK for me and I like not having a ton of stomp boxes.  The pedal board is pretty much useless, though the volume pedal and expression pedal are nice. I've yet to figure out a way I could play live with it. The switching is useless. If you have to change tones - like clean to dirty say like on an amp with channels - you're pretty much screwed. The gap when you switch presets is too long to be usable during a song - unless you're not playing at the moment. There are 5 amp types (Tweed, Blackface, Dyna-touch, British (Marshall-ish) and Modern) and each amp has 3 or 4 different voices and levels of gain - though gain can be set separately. I pretty much like all of them except the modern with high gain settings. They're heavy enough with low gain an compression. It takes time to figure out how to get the best sounds from each. Anyway the thing is great for recording because of the stereo outs. Oh and it's 65 watts and loud as hell. I've never had it above 4.

gdguitars1.jpg

Ovation 1984 Collectors Series - acoustic/electric, Warmoth LP, Parker P-42, Standard Strat with many upgrades.

2 Guitars:

Warmoth Les Paul w/ HighOrder humbuckers, Tone Pros bridge, RS Guitarworks upgrade kit, Sperzel's, maple top over Mahagony, unfinished indian rosewood neck, Macassar ebony fretboard.

Hamer USA Daytona (Strat shape):  swamp ash body, maple neck, Lindy Fralin Vintage Hots, Sperzel locking tuners.

Amp:  GDS Electronics 18 watt TMB head (clone of Marshall 18 watter)
Cab:  Vibroworld straght/tall 4x12 w/ mixture of pre-Rola G12M25's, and G12H30's

Pedalboard:  Voodoo Labs Pedal Power II, G. Teece Wizard Wah, Foxrox Octron, original Marshall Guv'nor, Analogman Beano Boost, Crowther Audio Hotcake, MXR Dynacomp.

MG_0286.jpg

Gregg,

Really nice rack setup there.  Nice and simple with only the bare essentials.  How do you like that Marshall 20/20 power amp?  I recently had to scale down to EL84's.  I've been used to EL34's for years.  I find my GDS Amplification 18 watter can be a bit flabby in the low end.  I find I roll the bass down quite a bit when I'm playing with lots of tube saturation / overdrive.  For tubes, this GDS came with JJ EL-84's.  I swapped out the preamp tubes for a set of NOS Mullards I had stashed away.  Anyway, I really like the sound of the 18 watter, especially with the added sag of the tube rectifier. I'm just trying to get used to the flabby low end.

The Marshall 20/20 sounds very solid to me. I don't hear any flabbiness and I am pretty sensitive to that. It has a deep switch that gives me extended low end and I keep that engaged and set my preamps accordingly. I don't have a problem with not getting loud enough at gigs, even with outside gigs, but I do have a rack with an efficient fan sucking the hot air out and that is important for that rack amp. I mic the cab with a Studio Projects C1 in the studio and it rocks. Out live, the FOH techs love my tone with just a SM57.

Gregg said:
Interesting bare essentials comment. In case you meant "stripped down," I looked at my rack again and tried to figure out what I couldn't do with it. I'm pretty sure it does everything. So maybe you meant simple in design? 

The Marshall 20/20 sounds very solid to me. I don't hear any flabbiness and I am pretty sensitive to that. It has a deep switch that gives me extended low end and I keep that engaged and set my preamps accordingly. I don't have a problem with not getting loud enough at gigs, even with outside gigs, but I do have a rack with an efficient fan sucking the hot air out and that is important for that rack amp. I mic the cab with a Studio Projects C1 in the studio and it rocks. Out live, the FOH techs love my tone with just a SM57.

You know, back in the early 90s, we were all pretty excited about moving from stomp boxes to rack gear. It was a cool and expected evolution. I have no idea why stomp boxes are now popular again; been there, done that.

Yeh, I meant simple in design, and tall in function.  It's just a nice setup.

Gregg said:
You know, back in the early 90s, we were all pretty excited about moving from stomp boxes to rack gear. It was a cool and expected evolution. I have no idea why stomp boxes are now popular again; been there, done that.

Probably for the same reason we still play instruments made of wood thorugh amps with tubes. Part familiarity, part better sound. The quotient of each is highly subjective, though.

Wow I want greggs rig that is wonderful, btw I run new warmoth- arriving firday into pedal tuner- boss ds-1- or boss metal zone- mxr 10 band eq - marshall mg100. I'm not a huge fan of the mg series from marshall They are very mediocre alone, but with the metal zone at very moderate settings and the eq with a nice frowny face I can get some good tones out of it, I'm quite jealous of gregg and crow for that matter

Back