Warmoth online neck builder launched!

simple

Staff member
Hey all,

We launched a new, expanded version of our online neck builder this morning. Check it out and give us some feedback. If you find any bugs, be sure to let us know in the "New Warmoth Website" category on this forum or email us at webmaster@warmoth.com. 

http://www.warmoth.com/Pages/CustomNeck.aspx

Thanks!  Gregg -

NICE WORK GUYS!  The website just gets better and better.  It's no coincidence that I never bought anything from warmoth until after you launched the new site.  Careful thought, at this rate the big boys will start to get real nervous.

AWESOME!  This thing is a lot of fun.  It looks great too.  Only problem... no easy way to see the Unique choice fretboards...

dbw said:
AWESOME!  This thing is a lot of fun.  It looks great too.  Only problem... no easy way to see the Unique choice fretboards...
Yep, we're working on that!

Seems to work although I did get a script error when selecting a fingerboard, not that it seemed to cause any issues. So it's probably just a small bug.

dbw said:

Stop playing and buy something, dag blast it!!!! :icon_jokercolor:  :icon_jokercolor:

Cool! But there is no explanation aboxe the boxes, you open one and it's "white, black, cream, ...." I know it's binding but I had to think a little, a guy that is new to the site will not understand... same for the 24 frets extention :)

NonsenseTele said:
Cool! But there is no explanation aboxe the boxes, you open one and it's "white, black, cream, ...." I know it's binding but I had to think a little, a guy that is new to the site will not understand... same for the 24 frets extention :)
When you click on the "? more info" button you get a fuller explanation. Perhaps those buttons not as obvious as they need to be?

I think a title added above the box would be the best... like "Binding:"

Them "Frets:" (and also add the 22)

the furthers doubts would be taken on the info buttom :icon_thumright:

I love it.. made a neck.. couldn't buy it of course haha but you know.  My next project might have to come directly from there...

extra extra groovy cool!  I love it!

Could not find any bugs, but I'll stress it a bit more later on.

You guys rock  :headbang1:

LOVE it! Great App. One tiny suggestion - I was looking at a 24.75 scale tele neck, and in the drop-down box you've got to call it '24.75 scale' and not "pro conversion" - that requires too much knowledge of warmoth products for average joe. Even I was confused and I've already got one "pro conversion" neck. Even if I order over the phone in the future, this is still a great organizing tool. Nice work web guys!

Pretty cool!

On the inlay section - does "no inlay" mean side dots only?  If not, might want to add that to the drop-down. 

Man, is it just me, or does this builder lag like... can't think of a PG rated word here.  The Warmoth site is always a little slow for me, but this thing is totally locking up.  Maybe it's because everyone's checking it out, or maybe because I'm in Puyallup, but my machines (that could handle anything I'd throw at them x10) are having issues.  It's not using exceptional system utilities, which leads me to believe it's server-side.

-Mark

I like it though my only issues with it (if I were to use it today) are that it isn't clear if there are side dots or not if I choose no inlay - when I ordered my neck I had to specify if I wanted them. Also there's no paint option for the head stock. On some necks I like a different paint color on the head stock face.

Otherwise it's great for me.  :icon_thumright:

Very cool, I like the icons and such. The only two issues I see are one, it's pretty slow very choppy, could be activity on the server? And still on certain pegheads there's not the full range of wood options as some of the other pegheads. Like the Jackson style, only lists about 4 different woods, when there's actually more options than that... :icon_scratch: I know there are limitations on wood options in the angled peghead area, but there's more than 4... :dontknow:

AprioriMark said:
Man, is it just me, or does this builder lag like... can't think of a PG rated word here.  The Warmoth site is always a little slow for me, but this thing is totally locking up.  Maybe it's because everyone's checking it out, or maybe because I'm in Puyallup, but my machines (that could handle anything I'd throw at them x10) are having issues.  It's not using exceptional system utilities, which leads me to believe it's server-side.

-Mark
Run a trace rout to see where the bottleneck is.

Running fine for me for the most part.  I wasn't able to select any vintage tint finishes with a Strat neck in one-piece flame maple, regular or 3A.

That is awesome Greg!

The few options it didn't offer me that will impact my price/order was stainless vs. nickle frets, peghead veneer, and a few more finish options; in my case transparent color on the neck and dye finish on the veneeer.

BA

Awesome feature! Here's a few features I'd like to see added:

- Ability to edit your order from the Review and Buy page. I tried using my browser's (Firefox 3.0.1) back button and received this error message:
Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: An unknown error occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server was: 500

- Show upcharges in the drop down menu list.

I'm getting some serious lag over here as well. Could be anything really, but I have FiOS - extremely fast in most cases.

Back