Has anybody heard from Ken???

bbl4ck

Hey Fellow Warmothians,

Has anybody talked with Ken of Roadhouse Pickups fame lately???
A couple weeks ago, I picked up an old Hondo Lazer; think Johnny Winter
The Lazer is in decent condition, but the first thing that came to mind was replacing the pickups.
Being a previous customer of Ken's, I have always been blown away by his work, and he would always be my first pick for custom pickups.
When I logged on to his website, I received the following message:

PLEASE READ!

Due to some unexpected events I am not able to accept any new orders at this time. If you have orders pending your orders will be completed. If you are in finalizing email some orders will be taken and completed based on complexity and size.

My sincere apoligies to everyone as this takes place. It is felt that instead of taking orders which may take a long time to complete I would rather delay taking your order. I know you work hard for the ability to get the things you want and need and it would be a disservice to you.

I hope you come back to check out these great products soon.

Sincerely,

In addition to wanting the finest custom pickups available for this project, I am deeply concerned about Ken and Roadhouse Pickups...
Ken builds some of the finest pickups available [IMHO] and is always there to customize to whatever needs we might request.
He has always been a true friend of the Warmoth forum and I want to encourage any support that might be helpful.
Ken, I just want you to know, we are there for ya my brotha'. Please let us know if we can help!

Peace at ya & :rock-on:
Black Dog...

He's been on here since then; from what he said I inferred that he's busy with some outside stuff and just didn't want his backlog getting any bigger.

Jumble Jumble said:
He's been on here since then; from what he said I inferred that he's busy with some outside stuff and just didn't want his backlog getting any bigger.

Ahhh, cool...
I am glad there is nothing serious going on.  Thanks for the update!
:rock-on:

But....If you are in a truly urgent need of a neck position Roadhouse humbucker in a very short period of time I could be persuaded to part with mine for only $400 plus shipping and handling......:)  You see, its an amazing pickup and I'd hate to part with it for a while.

I think I was his last order.  He told me he's just been very busy with his real work.
I sure hope he gets back to building pickups soon, that fella has a talent.

tylereot said:
I think I was his last order.  He told me he's just been very busy with his real work.
I sure hope he gets back to building pickups soon, that fella has a talent.

Yes, he does have a great talent!
I too hope he is back in the pickiup business soon...

I appreciate the concern the forumites have expressed. I am fine and doing well. It was just a matter of having a lot to do. Some obligations, some planned, some not, and having a lot on my plate at once. Not to mention no time to play guitar lately. So it was prudent to take the time to do the things that needed to be done. Get a very small amount of time to play guitar a little and also try not to get too run down. I actually got to sit in with a few musicians for the first time in years. I was really tired going into September but I am feeling refreshed now.

Are you going to send me something to rewind?

Cheers!
-Ken

:headbang1:

tylereot said:
He told me he's just been very busy with his real work.

I hate it when real work gets in the way of the things you really enjoy to do!!

Good to hear that this is only temporary though, since I still have to place my first roadhouse order... !!

I asked him a question last week and he got back to me this week.  He is around.  I'd start the process by sending in what you want, and let him give you the timeline.
Patrick

Patrick from Davis said:
I asked him a question last week and he got back to me this week.  He is around.  I'd start the process by sending in what you want, and let him give you the timeline.
Patrick

Yes, I shot him an email and he did reply.  Much to my chagrins, he also accepted my order  :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:
:rock-on:

Back